Thread: Thoughts on Dead Air Wolverine?

Feedback Score

Thoughts on Dead Air Wolverine?

About a year ago I was considering buying a Wolverine. After reading up on it, I talked myself out of it. Half of the reviews said it's awesome, and the other half say it's loud/causes some guns to beat themselves up without a KNS piston/a waste of time to suppress an AK. Now I find myself looking at them again. I already have other suppressors to cover .30/rimfire/9mm. My hosts for a Wolverine would be SBR'd 104UR and 107CR.

What's the real deal on these?

Feedback Score
    Excellent question. I'd like to know as well for the same reasons.

Feedback Score
    I don’t own this suppressor, but I do think this is worth stating.

Some platforms are notoriously difficult to suppress, AK’s and AUG’s are two examples. They’re heavily gassed and they have porting (most AK’s - there’s so many variants not all) in the gas tube which vents gas. This makes them difficult to suppress more readily than something like an AR.

I heard an AUG at a silencer shoot silenced and it was not hearing safe.

So regardless of the Suppressor - that may be part of why the reviews are all over the map. Some may’ve expected comparable reduction in noise to an AR and were disappointed. Others may have known the inherit design hurdles that need to be addressed and either handled them or accepted them and judged the suppressor in light of those hurdles.

Just an anecdote from my experience.

ETA: fixed a we’re to were. To to two and Others into its own sentence.

God Bless,

Brandon
    Last edited by BWT; 11-05-20 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I’ll tell in 2 months, hopefully,when my stamp comes in. It’s going on a 12.5” AMD-65.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The question is... does it suppress ? Yes it does
    Is it as quiet as a 7.62 can? No
    Due to it being over bored, it's never going to be as quiet. On an AR chambered in x39 vs. an AK w/ the wolverine + KNS, the difference is noticeable. If you have a quality built AK w/ concentric threads I just run a 7.62 can. Where this can shines is for all the junk AK's that you want to suppress and not get a baffle strike.
    Also the KNS makes a World of difference on the AK's ! Been trying to get back out and try the Wolverine + Sub x39, but life's been too busy...
    Last edited by Smokin338; 11-07-20 at 01:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    ...Some platforms are notoriously difficult to suppress...
    Very true, and that can easily skew someone's perception. What throws me off is that it seems like a lot of people say they have experience with different suppressors/firearms (with their associated strengths/weaknesses) and those opinions vary wildly. Unfortunately since I don't know anyone that has one, there's no easy way for me to find out for myself. I typically still shoot with plugs on everything except for suppressed 22 LR anyway. I don't mind a little louder than a standard can, but I also don't want to end up feeling like I've wasted $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    The question is... does it suppress ? Yes it does
    Is it as quiet as a 7.62 can? No
    Due to it being over bored, it's never going to be as quiet. On an AR chambered in x39 vs. an AK w/ the wolverine + KNS, the difference is noticeable. If you have a quality built AK w/ concentric threads I just run a 7.62 can. Where this can shines is for all the junk AK's that you want to suppress and not get a baffle strike.
    Also the KNS makes a World of difference on the AK's ! Been trying to get back out and try the Wolverine + Sub x39, but life's been too busy...
    I might just need to give the Griffin 24mm mount a shot and try it with my Keymo equipped Saker 762 first. In my head the potential for tolerance stacking drives me nuts, but in reviews it seems to work well.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanZ06 View Post
    I might just need to give the Griffin 24mm mount a shot and try it with my Keymo equipped Saker 762 first. In my head the potential for tolerance stacking drives me nuts, but in reviews it seems to work well.
    Get the KNS piston before you try and a concentric barrel and quality made adapter... I wouldn't worry about it at all. I had adapters on several of my VEPRs, before I rethreaded them. Still have 1 on my 54R...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like mine enough that I bought a second last month. No, it's not hearing safe and it's a little heavy. Other that that, I love it. Just like an AR is not really quiet, neither is an AK. But it's still fun and it looks cool. I do plan on trying a KNS piston as well, the videos show quite a remarkable bit of improvement with it. This is no different that using an adjustable gas block or bolt carrier on an AR.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run one on my 762x39 krink. It takes it from setting off nearby car alarms loud to damn thats not bad. I love mine and would buy it again.