Thread: 11.5” Geissele Super Duty Pistol Review...

Feedback Score

11.5” Geissele Super Duty Pistol Review...

To summarize, I love it. I am SBRing it for home defense, IDPA and course use.

Pros:

1. The upper receiver has a cut out that indexes the handguard, much like the HK 416. Hence, there is little if any chance the handguard would ever rotate.
    2. Comes with a Surefire SOCOM Warcomp, close tined, so it easily attaches to my SOCOM RC2 556 can.
    3. Little if any gas to the face with the SOCOM RC2 can. Geissele did their homework with this, unlike my Knight’s SR-15 mod 2. With the H3 buffer and their proprietary spring, it runs nice and smooth shooting M193 and 77 grain Mod 1 ammo. ZERO malfunctions. Recoil is snappier than say my 16” mid-length running with an A5 lower, but it’s perfectly fine. Runs very well suppressed.
    4. SSA trigger, 4.5 lb pull
    5. Chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel. Gas block is pinned and has set screws.
    6. The nano coating is legit. Carbon wipes off easily from the bolt and bolt carrier.

Cons:
    1. While it has an ambi safety, no ambi mag release or bolt release. This may be an issue for some, but since I’m used to a classic AR lower, it is not an issue for me.
    2. Does not come with iron sights. For $1900, a set of Geissele BUIS would have been a plus.
    3. Looks like I have to ditch the brace for a SBR anyway with the new laws coming our way.

I put 180 rounds of M193 (Winchester, PRVI) and Mod 1 77 grain Razor Core (IMI) with ZERO issues suppressed mostly. Off hand, it is very accurate. I’ll need to take it to an outdoor range to test accuracy. I put all the rounds at 25 yards in the target below. I was in a hurry, so I probably could have done a lot better had I taken my time.

C2F51486-C8BE-4D3A-9434-E3CD3944E85C.jpeg

4C91C86E-BE4C-46AC-B605-156AE4687F44.jpeg

Feedback Score
    Good to hear and nice review.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the "to the point, pros/cons" writeup. Much appreciated.

Feedback Score
    just snagged a 10.5 Mk16, excited to build a setup similar to this.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Yeah I’m sold on Geissele and think it’s a much better option (especially for the price). The forged bolt is a nice touch for lug strength and I like the fact is comes with a gas system that really compliments the socom series of cans yet still runs very soft/clean without. It’s also nice it’s tuned for and ships with an H3 buffer instead of a carbine buffer.