• Rem oil

1 0.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Best lube for AR?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    LSA (lubricant, semi-fluid, automatic weapons), it was still used by us for the M-2 in Iraq in 2006-7. We had to go to the Marines to get more as we never had enough. The dirt stuck to it like there was no tomorrow but it would allow Ma duece to run and run well. We were told not to use it on the 240-B but did anyway.
    Funny, when I was doing customs over in Kuwait checking out OIF/OEF troops in 04-05, there was a whole 20' connex full of the 1 gallon LSA cans they were shipping back to the States.

Apparently, it's also approved for use on the M61 Vulcan.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The video isn’t a spoof.

I have no intention of running motor oil in anything, but I do use grease on some sliding components. According to the internet, the key is to use grease that liquifies somewhat under heat, so it won’t gum things up.

Also, the video and concoction seems to have the same idea as LSA described above (though I have used neither).

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Lubriplate SFL-0 is also a “semi fluid lube”. I remember LSA being a little wetter, though. No idea how the number grading thing goes for this type of lube.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I've often wondered whether chainsaw bar and chain oil might work okay? It has the added tack to it to keep it from slinging off the chain. Kind of a cross between grease and oil.

More of a curiosity than a realistic exercise.
    Used to use this on our dirt bike chains. Not applied directly as it was too think to get into the links...

We would remove the chain, coil it up and place it in an electric frying pan. This was then filled up enough to cover the chain. We'd let it soak for a while then take the chain and let it hang up over and drip the excess back into the pan as it cooled.

Seemed to work pretty good. Better than the canned chain sprays that would mostly stay on the outside of the chain and collect dirt and get all over your sprockets and such.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Gear oil is designed for it's anti shear capabilities like when being compressed between two sets of gears and still sticking to the metal. I captured some from a couple of rearends and a tractor transmission. In the winter I mix it 50/50 with RemOil to lighten it up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brownnells Action Lube moly grease and Machine Gunners Lube from Sprinco. Slip 2000 is good too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Brownnells Action Lube moly grease and Machine Gunners Lube from Sprinco. Slip 2000 is good too.
    Score 2 for Spinco MGL.

Anybody use Bore Tech Friction Guard?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A 16 page lube thread. Never change, internet. Never change.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    A 16 page lube thread. Never change, internet. Never change.
    Well we could talk about COVID or the [fraudulent] election if you'd rather!

I've got to admit this one showed me the slathering of grease onto a BCG I'd never seen before!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 12-04-20 at 18:35.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Well we could talk about COVID or the [fraudulent] election if you'd rather!

I've got to admit this one showed me the slathering of grease onto a BCG I'd never seen before!

You have never seen it before because that garbage was way past excessive and then some...

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast