• Rem oil

1 0.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Best lube for AR?

Feedback Score
    I use TW25B Gun grease lube

Feedback Score
    I've been using Fluid Film on my roller locks. Goes on wet, soaks into the nooks and crannies. Once the carrier evaps you have a super slippery clingy lube that holds up great under heat and pressure. Makes knocking dirt/carbon out a snap. Non-Toxic, does stink a little when fresh. After running it on the roller locks with such success I decided to try it on other "tools" and thus-far have been more than impressed. I'm hard to impress, I'm generally a run whatever is available "anything is better than nothing" type from camel snot to cat oil.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheGhostRider; 03-26-22 at 17:44.
    “Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!” Isaiah 5:20

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't think it matters as long as you get some juice on it occasionally. I've used motor oil, Frog lube, and recently bought some Lucas oil. All have worked fine and nothing has caused me issues.

I just cleaned some guns and the amount of black Tar on my BCG's of my LMT MWS guns was insane. I should have taken pictures and yet these guns just ran fine. Sometimes these weapons surprise us. I'm the worst about lubing my guns.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've tried most of that stuff, and some work better that others but they all work. Some stick around a little longer I guess. Some make the gun feel smoother than others after cleaning and lubing but that isn't really what makes them better, unless that's what you're going for. I've been using Lucas EXTREME Duty oil, the bluish green stuff, not the red. It's that color since it's EXTREME I guess. I've been using it for a couple years. I think I read somewhere that it's basically 2 stroke oil. I shoot suppressed sometimes and my bolt stays pretty slick for a range trip or two then it starts looking a little dry. At that point if I were to touch the BCG I find it to be kind of greasy feeling so I just keep running it. If the action starts sounding a little gritty or dry, I just add a couple drops and magically it sounds smooth again. I'm like the guy that posted before me, I probably don't clean or lube as often as I should but my guns are boring. They just keep running whether they're wet or dirty/greasy, pretty dry...whatever.

Long story short, Lucas EXTREME duty oil is the best lube ever created for the AR15 (and Stihl Chainsaws), and the proof is what it's called since the name says it all.

Remember, it's the bluish green stuff, not the red one. The red one is for lubing guns used to kill animals, specifically deer since a buck is pictured on the label of the red lube ("Lucas Gun Oil"). I've read that the red stuff is pretty good and takes the lube level to 10. We're into AR's and if you're into those type guns you need something with a little extra, something that takes it to an 11, and now you know which one that is.

For the record, I don't work for Lucas Oil, but I do own a Stihl Chainsaw. I don't use Lucas Oil 2 stroke oil in it, I use Stihl 2 stroke oil since the shop extends my warranties for my Stihl stuff if I buy bottles of the Stihl oil when I purchase a new power unit. Once I burn through that I may use something different.
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 12-06-20 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I start with a bunch of bottles of Slip EWL 30, Gojuice, and Mro7 LPX. I take the bottles of Mpro7 and Slip30 and dump them into the pot until it is 1/2 full. I have the stove set to about 8 or 9 and when I "sense" it's warm enough, I pour just 1/10th of the GoJuice bottle into the pot and stir. Once I get a nice, cool electric blue mixture I'll spray a layer of some Ballistol on top and put the lid on and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then I'll take a chemistry hose and wedge it under the lid, collecting the condensation in a cup until I'm left with a few teaspoons of this indigo-amber hued oil that is very thin but stays put. It is a low yield result, and smells like a Crayola factory burned down, but I am getting about 5k rounds of WPA suppressed until the action starts to feel a little rough, just by using some of the leftover grease from the pot in the cam pin slot and rails plus a few drops of the oil in the exhaust ports on the BCG. If I am in a pinch I will just take the BCG out and spray it with Remoil.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^^ Holy crap! Not sure if serious, but if so, holy crap that's dedication!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fishindogwood View Post
    No love or mention for Weapon Shield? I like their line of products so far.
    This ^^^

Feedback Score
    Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil, good stuff, but again there are a lot of good ones as you have found out.

Feedback Score
    I still use Fireclean. What's the deal with Frog Lube? A while back i heard there was a big stink about it but i never found what the issue was.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    I still use Fireclean. What's the deal with Frog Lube? A while back i heard there was a big stink about it but i never found what the issue was.
    I had it gum up after letting an AR and 1911 sit for a year or so and it locked both guns up FWIW.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast