7 3.98%
  • Rem oil

1 0.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Best lube for AR?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using shooter lube the past year or so. This stuff is fantastic! Their solvent is jam up to (not sponsored by them, just great products).

Feedback Score
    Oil is good. No oil is bad.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    I start with a bunch of bottles of Slip EWL 30, Gojuice, and Mro7 LPX. I take the bottles of Mpro7 and Slip30 and dump them into the pot until it is 1/2 full. I have the stove set to about 8 or 9 and when I "sense" it's warm enough, I pour just 1/10th of the GoJuice bottle into the pot and stir. Once I get a nice, cool electric blue mixture I'll spray a layer of some Ballistol on top and put the lid on and let it simmer for a few minutes. Then I'll take a chemistry hose and wedge it under the lid, collecting the condensation in a cup until I'm left with a few teaspoons of this indigo-amber hued oil that is very thin but stays put. It is a low yield result, and smells like a Crayola factory burned down, but I am getting about 5k rounds of WPA suppressed until the action starts to feel a little rough, just by using some of the leftover grease from the pot in the cam pin slot and rails plus a few drops of the oil in the exhaust ports on the BCG. If I am in a pinch I will just take the BCG out and spray it with Remoil.
    You mean you don't do a quadruple distillation? Amateurs. Ya'll amateurs.

Feedback Score
    Another good grease that should be on that list is Weapon Shield Lithium Grease. It's one of the best. And at one time or another, I've tried them all.

https://www.amazon.com/Weapon-Shield...ews/B00B52IPWW

Feedback Score
    I've used a ton of different products, and Slip2000 used to be my favorite, but i now prefer Fireclean over everything else i've tried. I know, i know, - i've read all the "it's only vegetable oil" threads - but, at the end of the day, i feel like it lubricates better and results in less carbon build up better than everything else i've used. That's just my personal experience, but I prefer Fireclean.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Gold View Post
    Oil is good. No oil is bad.
    Dude, I think you're on to something.

Feedback Score
    Bio lube like FrogLube, Otis Bio Lube, FireClean etc.

Why? From my Field Use:

1. It doesn’t cook off easily. Most withstand 700F+.

2. You don’t need a two part solution solvent. It lifts carbon and keeps it in suspension. You may eventually need a bore solvent for copper but I have never needed it for my carry pistols and my ARs. It works well enough without a dedicated solvent. I have a precision rifle that I use Kroil but that’s the only exception.

3. Bio Lube keeps carbon in a suspension so you can shoot a gun to the point where conventional oil will evaporate and seize up. You wipe it off versus scrape it off, which leads to much easier cleanup.

4. Skin safe. Kid safe. Pet safe. Does not emit toxic compounds VOCs.

I tested standard FrogLube to -20 twice in a pistol and AR. It worked well.

Downside: you have to degrease all components prior to using bio lube otherwise it will not be 100% effective. It is also not intended to be used for long term storage and will gum. Comes in different formats you have to know what your gun needs. It’s relatively expensive compared to conventional oils.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Core781 View Post
    Bio lube like FrogLube, Otis Bio Lube, FireClean etc.

Why? From my Field Use:

1. It doesn’t cook off easily. Most withstand 700F+.

2. You don’t need a two part solution solvent. It lifts carbon and keeps it in suspension. You may eventually need a bore solvent for copper but I have never needed it for my carry pistols and my ARs. It works well enough without a dedicated solvent. I have a precision rifle that I use Kroil but that’s the only exception.

3. Bio Lube keeps carbon in a suspension so you can shoot a gun to the point where conventional oil will evaporate and seize up. You wipe it off versus scrape it off, which leads to much easier cleanup.

4. Skin safe. Kid safe. Pet safe. Does not emit toxic compounds VOCs.

I tested standard FrogLube to -20 twice in a pistol and AR. It worked well.

Downside: you have to degrease all components prior to using bio lube otherwise it will not be 100% effective. It is also not intended to be used for long term storage and will gum. Comes in different formats you have to know what your gun needs. It’s relatively expensive compared to conventional oils.
    Ballistol basically has all those properties and won't seize up like the cooking oil lubes do. I think froglube et al is great for guns that are strictly for range use, but carry and nightstand guns need a real lubricant.

Feedback Score
    These is a reason biodegradable lubes have a "use by", or, "best if used by" date on them. They start breaking down and decomposing the day they are manufactured.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Carbon solvents are not needed, in my opinion.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast