7 3.98%
  • Rem oil

1 0.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Best lube for AR?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lube to the left of us, lube to the right...stand up sit down...fight, fight, fight!!

I've gone the way of non-toxic too. At least trying it...Lubriplate food grade grease and oil. So far, GTG.

By the way I did finally receive my Lubri-kit kit. It took 3 months, but I got it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    By accident about 7 years ago, I discovered that a mixture of Slip 2000 EWL 30 and Tetra Gun Oil is very noticeably slicker than either one alone. I have been using it ever since. A little goes a long way, and I now make the unholy concoction and gift it to my friends. If you ever try it, you'll never use anything else.

ETA: I also mix the two greases which also works great. Slip 2000 EWG and Tetra Gun Grease.
    Last edited by georgeib; 11-05-20 at 19:03.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Red*Lion; 11-05-20 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’ve been having good results with Lubriplate, Go Juice, and Cherry Balmz. I’ve also been cleaning sometimes with $3 drugstore mineral oil, with good results. Like Euro and Tom, I’ve been chasing the less-toxic dragon, and I’ve not found the above lubricants to be problematic in any way. I think most anything will work.

Side note, did y’all know that you can keep a PKM running by spraying CLP on the belt, and it’ll get blasted all over the guts without opening the feed tray cover?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoPoweR View Post
    Been using Geissele Go-Juice/Very Thin Grease for quite a few years now with good results. Nothing negative to say about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    As I’ve matured and realized I’m not invincible I’ve began using non toxic stuff wherever possible (not just gun related, but in general). I like Slip 2000 EWL for this purpose.

However, Nightchief recently put me on to that Cherry Balms grease and I found it quite good for the wear areas on the outside of the BCG. I also know some Texans who use Rem-Oil and it seems to work pretty well. Their guns work 75-80% of the time which is great considering they built them themselves and had no idea what they were doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Lube to the left of us, lube to the right...stand up sit down...fight, fight, fight!!

I've gone the way of non-toxic too. At least trying it...Lubriplate food grade grease and oil. So far, GTG.

By the way I did finally receive my Lubri-kit kit. It took 3 months, but I got it.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    As I’ve matured and realized I’m not invincible I’ve began using non toxic stuff wherever possible (not just gun related, but in general). I like Slip 2000 EWL for this purpose.

However, Nightchief recently put me on to that Cherry Balms grease and I found it quite good for the wear areas on the outside of the BCG. I also know some Texans who use Rem-Oil and it seems to work pretty well. Their guns work 75-80% of the time which is great considering they built them themselves and had no idea what they were doing.
    Now that chit is funny.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Like Euro and Tom, I’ve been chasing the less-toxic dragon, and I’ve not found the above lubricants to be problematic in any way.
    Are conventional lubricants more toxic than the SDS's indicate? For example G96 Gun Treatment says this:

• Acute Toxicity Estimates:
    • Oral Acute Toxicity Estimate for mixture: Not considered toxic
    • Dermal Acute Toxicity Estimate for mixture: Not considered toxic
    • Inhalation Acute Toxicity Estimate for mixture: Not considered toxic

• Primary irritant effect:
    • On the skin: Causes skin irritation.
    • On the eye: May cause mild eye irritation based on level of exposure.
    • Sensitization: No sensitizing effects known.

• Additional toxicological information:
    The product shows the following dangers according to internally approved calculation methods for
    preparations: Skin Irritant.

• Carcinogenic categories:
    • IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer):
    None of the ingredients are listed
    • NTP (National Toxicology Program):
    None of the ingredients are listed.
    • OSHA-Ca (Occupational Safety & Health Administration):
    None of the ingredients are listed.

Should I be worried despite this?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’ve been a fan of FireClean for years and it’s what I prefer, however Geissele’s Go juice is fantastic, and the purple stuff is what I prefer for Ak’s and Scar’s. I’m also a fan of Slip2000 and Lucas gun oil.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I like the Wilson Combat gun oils. I would not use RemOil or motor oil. In a test I saw RemOil and Mobil 1 motor oil performed about equally in corrosion protection, which is to say not very well. I do use Mobil 1 in my automobile though. I have never understood why folks blend their own oil, when engineers have spent time and money developing an optimal oil for the intended purpose.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Olive oil smells best.
    I liked how frog lube doesn't smell like oil... But ive notice with the paste it's pretty thick when cold. Not that I've tried to push its limits... My AR never didn't fire when shooting in the winter. After a few shots it was hot enough it was fine.

Still using the same stuff but mostly because I haven't run out yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Which lube is best?
    Yes..

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast