Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need full NV shopping list

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Need full NV shopping list

Can y’all help me with an easy button for a full NV kit?

I have a BCM with 13” MCMR currently with an AP H2.

I know nothing about NV but want a solid basic setup. Budget is pretty open.

I’ve looked at the Photonis that JRH has but not sure if it’s a quality mono.

Do I need to swap my AP for a NV EOTech? Get an IR laser? Helmet for the PVS or whatever?

Really looking for the “get a 6920, Aimpoint, and G19” recommendation. Preferably stuff in stock.

Feedback Score
    Tag for interest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Redacted
    Last edited by kirkland; 11-07-20 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I spoke with Robert at JRH. He said if lead time is critical, Photonis Echo, DBAL A3, and Ops-core helmet. The helmets are tough to find he said.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    I spoke with Robert at JRH. He said if lead time is critical, Photonis Echo, DBAL A3, and Ops-core helmet. The helmets are tough to find he said.
    We are seeing on average 68LP and 30 and over SN on Echo spec units with very clean tubes.

Another poster here just posted his data sheet numbers in another thread.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I’m ready to order the Photonis and DBAL. The ops core LE helmet is $1200. Is that an overkill helmet just to hold the PVS?

Feedback Score
    There is "bump" helmets like a skateboard type helmets also. ACH helmets are usually a good solid inexpensive choice also when available.

If no ballistic protection is needed a bump helmet or something like a Crye Nightcap with a counterweight will work also.

I mentioned the Ops Core FAST LE because a shipment is arriving Monday and I know we have 1 of that model that isn't already pre-sold.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah if the ops core is all I can get right now there’s not much of a discussion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Yeah if the ops core is all I can get right now there’s not much of a discussion.
    Well there is certainly other options as well.

Gentex/Ops Core was running a 4-5 month lead time on ballistic helmets before TSHTF ordering all this stuff this year. This order that is arriving Monday was placed about 6 months ago now.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Disclaimer - I've only used NV for fun/recreation/shooting/hunting - I'm a hobbyist.
    The Team Wendy EXFIL LTP is a reasonably priced non-ballistic helmet option (about $300). I've found that a helmet with counterweight is more comfortable than a soft option (Crye Nightcap or the USGI NVG head mount), and easier/quicker to don/doff and adjust comfortably.

If I made a list, it'd be:
    • PVS-14 variant
    • Bump helmet (ops-core, team wendy etc)
    • Counterweight (ops-core)
    • IR laser/illuminator like a DBAL

I wouldn't bother with mounting the PVS14 on a rifle. I have a mount for it, but every time I've been out and about, having a head-mounted NVG and IR laser/illuminator has worked best. I found it too hard to use the rifle-mounted NVG to scan and look around.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast