Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Project: Shoot my Glock 30s a bit because who could find enough ammo to break it?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I think we may be approaching peak pricing (MAYBE). I have started to notice ammo accumulating which means they have finally jacked up the prices enough. Hopefully after 4 months of ammo piling up they can start undercutting each other in the normal cycle.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If ammo price (9mm) ever get back down close to where they were pre chicom plague, I'm going to buy, buy, buy ... probably 5000 rounds. Not in one purchase but in five smaller orders I wouldn't want to wear out the UPS man.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    1. The mag release is rough on my hands. When I grip the gun tight enough to deal with the .45 ACP recoil the slide release cuts into my hand. I need to file it back a little.
    I replace both parts with the TangoDown/Vickers version on all my Glocks, so much better IMO.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I think we may be approaching peak pricing (MAYBE). I have started to notice ammo accumulating which means they have finally jacked up the prices enough. Hopefully after 4 months of ammo piling up they can start undercutting each other in the normal cycle.
    It MIGHT be like that..but only until an import ban is announced. After that- there will be no limit.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Welp. I was blasting today and I got a premature slide lock black. I blamed it on myself and then on the next mag I got a jam. I looked at the gun and the upper pin was walking. I still blame myself since I was fiddling with a ghost trigger a few months back and didn't make sure everything went back in when I dumped it. I checked my log and sure enough, last month I had the same issue with the premature lock back. I will keep an eye on it.

I also filed down the edges of the magazine release since it was too sharp.

On the ammo subject, I haven't seen any more increases and have started to see ammo at lower prices showing up at the big box stores. Online is still dumb.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just got my first Glock a few weeks ago, the G21. Fortunately I load, and I have a pile of components. I'm running a 230 grain hardcast. You're not supposed to use lead bullets through the polygonal rifling, but these are Brinell 18 hardness and .45 is a slow round, and after 150 rounds I noticed zero leading. I'll keep watching and see.

The G21 is a Beast. 13+1 of .45 ACP. I've had none of the issues that OP reports but I'd expect the full size G21 to be a smoother experience.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Yeah I am 99.9% confident this was my dumb ass when I swapped out that Ghost Trigger nonsense. I am no Glock fanboy but this was almost certainly me.

Edit. After not being able to get the gun to run right I just decided to trade it off. I looked back through my notes and it was always a touch finicky so I decided blah, I'll swap this for something else (Picked up a Steyr MF)
    Last edited by The Dumb Gun Collector; 04-17-21 at 14:09. Reason: Sold it. Didn't feel like fiddling with it anymore.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've been considering a G41 because reasons...I think I'd enjoy it with a RDS.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    I've been considering a G41 because reasons...I think I'd enjoy it with a RDS.
    The reason I haven't bought one yet is because as soon as I did they'd come out with a Gen 5.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I just got my first Glock a few weeks ago, the G21. Fortunately I load, and I have a pile of components. I'm running a 230 grain hardcast. You're not supposed to use lead bullets through the polygonal rifling, but these are Brinell 18 hardness and .45 is a slow round, and after 150 rounds I noticed zero leading. I'll keep watching and see.

The G21 is a Beast. 13+1 of .45 ACP. I've had none of the issues that OP reports but I'd expect the full size G21 to be a smoother experience.
    That general "no lead through a Glock" really does not apply with the .45s. I ran 10-15-20K a year of lead handloads though a couple different Glock 21s in the 90s and very early 2000s when I was shooting USPSA. About 10 years worth and in excess of 100K though a couple guns, with over 70K through one particular one. the vast majority were 200 grain lead SWCs pushed by Clays. Never once had a single problem ever.

I would not suggest running high volumes of lead through a 10 or a .40, but you are fine through a .45.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234