Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Shoot my Glock 30s a bit because who could find enough ammo to break it?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I appreciate this thread as well. I need to add a polymer 45 to the stable.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I made a Gen 4 30S (from a 36 upper and a 29 lower) because it's not a catalog item.

Decades as a Soldier and carrying a 1911 for 40 years finally flared up sciatica. The 30S dropped half a pound and I gained two rounds of .45.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That would be such an awesome pistol if 1/3 of the grip didn’t fall off every time you drop a mag.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I made a Gen 4 30S (from a 36 upper and a 29 lower) because it's not a catalog item.

Decades as a Soldier and carrying a 1911 for 40 years finally flared up sciatica. The 30S dropped half a pound and I gained two rounds of .45.
    So theoretically if someone had a Glock 30S and a Glock 30.4 they could simply take the top half of the 30S and put it on the bottom half of the 30 and be gtg?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    50 more Blazer Brass. I ordered a new IWB holster and a Ghost 3.5 connector and spring kit. I usually don't fiddle with triggers but this might be a fun experiment.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieThom View Post
    So theoretically if someone had a Glock 30S and a Glock 30.4 they could simply take the top half of the 30S and put it on the bottom half of the 30 and be gtg?
    I won't swear to it, but again, mine is a 36 top end on a Gen 4 29 frame.

Feedback Score
    Just picked up a 30s myself, so following this thread with interest.

For the trigger I do the .25 cent polish job and toss in the olive NY 1 trigger spring, makes the trigger a touch heavier but cleans up the stacking and slop with a nice clean break.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just dropped in ghost 3.5 connector. Trigger is substantially improved. Going to skip on the spring swap since I have a lot of RWS .45 with hard primers.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    OP if you’re handy with a file and high grit stones you can clean up the trigger a bit more than just a connector. My 17.5 and 45.5 were pretty atrocious new, especially compared to my old gen 3 guns.

On both I stoned and cleaned up the contact points where the trigger bar interfaces with the front of the firing pin. A lot of the grit and creep through the break comes from the trigger bar sliding down the firing pin to the release point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Before all this crazy ammo panic hit I did the 2000 round challenge with my gen 3 30SF:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....allenge/page55

At the end of 2000 rounds I still loved the gun. It has relatively light recoil for the size, is very accurate, and mine has been 100% reliable so far. I carry it quite often, feel well armed, and feel it is the real sleeper of the Glock line. I am sure the 30S checks many of the same boxes. As a bonus, not that this would likely ever happen, but if I were to run out of HP ammo I would be good running high quality ball ammo out of this gun. A while back I was able to purchase a ton of military match ball that is accurate, clean, and sealed in cans.

Keep us updated on your progress with the 30S.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast