Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Shoot my Glock 30s a bit because who could find enough ammo to break it?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've found that just a minus disconnector is a great mod for Glocks. No spring change. If you still haven't got a holster, check out Kramer leather. I picked up a Glock 30S a few years back and got a Kramer IWB #3. Great holster and actually the only IWB holster that has really worked well for me so far.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    150 more RWS rounds down the pipe since last. Had a couple of light primer strikes but I had already switched back to the factory connector (Ghost one is draggy and I guess I need to grind on it--pass). Gun is a joy to carry.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a G30 GEN 4 locally. None panic prices. 10 rounds of 45 will be better then 10 rounds of 9mm in the Biden Reich.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I just picked up a G30 GEN 4 locally. None panic prices. 10 rounds of 45 will be better then 10 rounds of 9mm in the Biden Reich.
    First of all I don't like the use of the word Reich, for we are no where close to the 3rd Reich.

I would argue 10 rounds of 9mm in a thin gun, will be a better choice than 10 rounds in a fat butt Glock 30. For if we do enter into a time that carrying a pistol will be a no go, then thin will conceal slightly better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    First of all I don't like the use of the word Reich, for we are no where close to the 3rd Reich.

I would argue 10 rounds of 9mm in a thin gun, will be a better choice than 10 rounds in a fat butt Glock 30. For if we do enter into a time that carrying a pistol will be a no go, then thin will conceal slightly better.
    The 19 is the smallest I can go. I would not go glock 48 or anything (tried a bunch of smaller guns and none of them worked well for me) The reason I carry a 9mm is because of the higher capacity. Take that away, then you might as well go the biggest round you can carry since it will only be 10 rounds. And the 30 is pretty close in size, just a tad wider.

As far as the other comment, I will not say anything else so I don't get this thread closed.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Nobody is wrong on this. It’s all about finding the gun that matches the balance you are willing to accept. Most of the time I won’t go any bigger than a J frame. Some times I go beretta 92 iwb.

Anybody who makes a g26 or G29 work will have zero problems
    with this.

And all things being equal, I would prefer to shoot at attackers with .45 than 9mm on a shot by shot basis. But there are always other considerations or I would only carry my USP .45
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Here is some information just for the sake of information. This is not intended to start a "which one is better debate". I have been gathering some info like this just to share it, and since I saw GB was using a G30S, as I also sometime do, I thought I would share.

I figured I would post some pics to show what some guns weigh with a magazine loaded, as well as with a spare magazine for some of them.

Standard 1911 with 8+1 of 230 grain ammo: 2 pounds 14.5 ounces

1911 with spare 8 round magazine. 3 pounds 6.5 ounces.

Glock 30S with 10+1

Trying to match the loaded 1911 with a spare 8 round magazine (total capacity 17), the G30s ended up with with two extra magazines and 34 rounds of 230 grain ammo carried:

The 30S is an efficient little thing. I shoot my Baer PII better, but that is me.

Anyways, thought some might find that interesting. Not meant to start a pro or con debate, just for info.

CHEERS!
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I’m with you. A 1911 is an easier gun to shoot fast with accuracy(things I find important in a gun!). But there is no denying the g30s pa is a lot of low drama punch in a small package.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Gun is still running great. Took it out and shot 50 rounds of PPU. Did a few draws on the timer and also some shooting on the move. Had two problems, both me....

1. The mag release is rough on my hands. When I grip the gun tight enough to deal with the .45 ACP recoil the slide release cuts into my hand. I need to file it back a little.

And that leads to me loosening my grip a bit which leads to...

2. I had a premature slide lock back. I have a stupid high grip style and if you losen your grip and allow the G30 to recoil freely your hand is likely to push up on the slide lever. Again, totally my fault.

Other than that, the gun is running great. I love, love love these sights. I hesitate to mention the two points above because it makes it sound like I am complaining, I am not. I am just reporting my many failings.

IMG_5149 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Next up.

I really would like to improve this gen 3 trigger. It is crap. I had a Ghost connector but it clearly needs to be filed on because it was causing weird interference after installation. Maybe a Glock - connector if I can find one.

I need to modify the mag release for something a little lower profile. The sharp edge is distracting, especially during rapid fire.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I have been looking around for a 30s for a while and I picked one up today. I blasted 100 rounds of FMJ and it seems to be pretty good. Questions....

Does anyone know if there is anything special about the Night Sights? I would like Some Ameriglo Operators/troopers or HDs but I don't want to order anything if there is slide width weirdness (seeing as it has a 36 slide). I don't think there is but the guy at the gunshop said there was so I want to make sure before I spend $100

What is a good, thin IWB holster that fits it properly? I am running it in a OWB leather backed Glaco OWB that is OK, but I think this thing would be a decent IWB with a thin holster.
    In my AO finding enough ammo can be done, it's being able to afford it.. That's the question. Local LGS's are at the point of advertising their ammo supply but the prices are still stupid expensive. I think the delayed orders for ammo were finally delivered but at outrageous prices. Now they have it but it isn't being bought because most don't need several cases, just a box or two thank you.. Personally I won't pay $35+ for a box of 50 9mm or $1/round for 5.56. Like many here I have enough for my needs until, hopefully, things ease up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast