Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who make a quality shotshell bandoleer?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Who make a quality shotshell bandoleer?

I like one I could throw over the shoulder Pancho Villa style in a hurry.
    Ideally should hold 25 rounds or more. No Uncle Mikes type cheap stuff either, please.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    https://www.maxpedition.com/products...nt=27910321553
    I think it was an Uncle Mike's which I later gave away. I just didn't use it much and was concerned about individual rounds falling out when in the patrol car; or running around with it.

I've since gone with these bag-type-pouches and have become good at feeling for the correct orientation of the round(s) when digging into the pouch for more ammo to load.

You could always get some type of belt to use the pouch more as a sling if you don't have time to put it on a belt.

An internet search did disclose other bandoleer-type carriers of various prices but I've not tried any since getting my now-preferred pouches.

Here's another one which isn't as costly as a Maxpedition brand:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by L-2; 11-08-20 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here's one by Blackhawk. I've used one (stage prop) in some 3guns. It seems reasonably well made made and the cost isn't too high.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHAWK-Sho.../dp/B002IWY91O

If you want to spend more....here.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/7611310...sr_gallery-1-1
    Last edited by TomMcC; 11-08-20 at 12:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you both- I hadnt considered a bag before...thinking of the movie Way of the Gun...the ole boy with the shotty used a bag.
    Anyone else care to chime in on bag vs. bandoleer?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Me, personally, when I'm walking through the woods or when I used to hunt birds, I just use this olive drab small shoulder bag I found at an Army surplus store. It's not too big, 9" x 9" and the strap is sewn on and non adjustable, yet the perfect size for me. I wear it like a possibles bag, cross shoulder. Super low key, and unobstructive.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I have something similar to this: https://mantheline.com/product/m1918...mmo-bag-strap/
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I like that Ebay leather one, thanks Disciple...MtnRaven, that bag is the bomb. Yall are showng me stuff Ive not seen, keep it coming.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    The bag I was describing above is similar to this. Mines a bit smaller and all poly/nylon and OD. I paid about $10.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've tried using a shotshell bandoleer and while it looked cool (as it does in the movies), it didn't function well for me. I had the nylon type with elastic loops on the front and back, and carried shells with the brass end down. The problem starts once you start extracting shells. Of course, I couldn't access the ones in the back, and they also interfered with my sling. When I started pulling shells near the bottom and front, the weight of the shells in the bandoleer would start pulling it down, as it'd want to 'self correct' and rotate so the empty loops would be on top. Sometimes I'd pull and since the bandoleer wasn't tight or secured, I'd fight the elastic loop. It wasn't like extracting a mag from a mag pouch. Also, it was never consistent where I'd get the shells from - kind of wherever I could grab a hold of one.

I'd go with a dump pouch with stiff opening if worn on the belt, or a small shoulder bag like others have recommended (a waist strap helps keep it in the same spot on your waist). One without a flap and a zipper opening so you don't have to fight the flap. The best set up for a shotgun class I found was a dump pouch on the belt (weak side kidney), with a couple of two or four shell speedloaders on the belt (weak side front) which I'd keep replenishing from the pouch when I had a chance. That way, your shells are always reloaded from the same spot, and not flailing around on a bandoleer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast