Thread: Sig Romeo 5 mount problem

Feedback Score

Sig Romeo 5 mount problem

I took my newly-built rifle to the range to sight it in with my Romeo 5 red dot. After several shots, I found that the sight mount was loose on the rail. When I tried to tighten it, it acted like the threads were stripped. The screw just kept turning. Upon closer examination, I found that the screw is really, really loose in the screw hole in the mounting piece. It wobbles a lot. In fact, I can hold it up to a light and see light between the threads. Has anyone here seen this before? Thanks.

Mike Fields

Feedback Score
    That's not normal. I'd call Sig I'm sure they will send out a new mount.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The Romeo 5 is a nice cheap RDS, but the OEM mount sucks ass.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The Romeo 5 is a nice cheap RDS, but the OEM mount sucks ass.
    This. It will fit aimpoint micro mounts. Primary arms makes a decent one if on a budget. Lots of other options from American defense, midwest, etc

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Primary arms makes a decent one if on a budget.
    Which one? This one looks like the stock Romeo mount.

How is the Midwest Industries mount?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Which one? This one looks like the stock Romeo mount.

How is the Midwest Industries mount?
    Yes that one. It came with the rotary knob pa red dot I bought for my son's 15-22. No issues with it seems solid. I don't have a romeo 5 so not sure if the same.

I have the Midwest non qd version and reply like it. Have it on a gun that gets ran hard and thrown around. They have a qd version as well, but I don't change the set up around much do just went with regular version

https://www.primaryarms.com/midwest-...nt-lower-1-3rd

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn who would of thought a knock off china optic would suck. I know I'm not contributing here but I never waste an opportunity to knock sig optics. They literally copy pasted every popular optic, made it cheap and undercut the competition. So it seems they deserve it.
    Last edited by Twilk73; 11-08-20 at 19:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilk73 View Post
    Damn who would of thought a knock off china optic would suck. I know I'm not contributing here but I never waste an opportunity to knock sig optics. They literally copy pasted every popular optic, made it cheap and undercut the competition. So it seems they deserve it.
    Yeah, if I had it to do over, I would've bought something else. But, it's what I have, so I'll try to make the best of it. I called Sig this morning and they're sending two sets of the keeper (the bad part) and screw. I told them that I have two of the sights and although the other one is fine, they said that they'd send two sets so I'd have a spare. Thanks, guys.

Mike Fields

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The mounts that come with the $100 to $200 red dot sights (sig, holosun, primary arms, etc.) are absolute garbage. I always replace them with American Defense QD mounts.