Thread: Appendix carry holster for Ruger EC9S - any recommendations?

Feedback Score

Appendix carry holster for Ruger EC9S - any recommendations?

Hello everyone,

Looking for a holster recommendation for my Ruger EC9S (same size/shape as the LC9S) carry gun. I currently have an N8 Tactical "The Professional IWB" holster, but I've found that appendix carry is the only position that really works for me, and this holster isn't particularly comfortable for multi-hour appendix carry.

I've ordered a shoulder holster to try out, but I'd like a good appendix holster as well (in case it doesn't work out or just to give myself options). Anybody have any recommendations for a good appendix holster? Ideally I'd like to be able to carry a spare magazine in it as well, but it's not a "must have".

Feedback Score
    Check out Kusiak Leather https://kusiakleather.com/ .

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the recommendation. I took a look, but at $200 for the one that has the spare mag holder and concealment claw I'm going to keep looking. That's not in the budget right now.

I like the look of the T-Rex Arms Sidecar, but they don't make it for the Ruger.

Finally got an email this morning that my shoulder holster shipped, so I'll give that a try before worrying about a different appendix holster

Feedback Score
    I’m a really big fan of the Tenicor Velo. I wear the thing all day every day and forget that it’s on. It is that comfortable. Also it will hide a full sized grip better than others hide my 26 grip. Mine doesn’t have a mag carrier but they may make them.

Feedback Score
    Took a look, but they don't offer anything for the Ruger.

I found this other option, but honestly it looks pretty cheap to me, so I'm not really interested:
    https://stealthgearusa.com/ruger-lc9...tcore-holster/

I was paying attention today while wearing my N8Tactical holster, and I think the biggest issues are that the gun sits too low (no ride height adjustment), and the backing pad is HUGE - it sticks almost an inch lower than the muzzle and several inches off to each side. I really like the actual holster portion that retains the gun though - very nicely made.