Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larue upper receiver kit..opinions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Can't find locally - plenty of 6.5 Creedmore, though.
    Sgammo has some wolf in stock if you dont mind ordering online. .70 cents a round for case of 500 wold doesnt seem to bad in current climate

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle...5-grendel-ammo

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Sgammo has some wolf in stock if you dont mind ordering online. .70 cents a round for case of 500 wold doesnt seem to bad in current climate
    It was $7 per box of 20 in August. Targetsportsusa.com had it for $250 per case of 500 on November 10th which I passed on as too high.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    In late: Why assemble it with a PSA lower? You get everything you need EXCPEPT the lower with the ultimate upper kit. Roll out the money for the matching billet lower, you wont regret it:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/
    Ordered today....lol

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Ordered today....lol
    Congrats!

Let us know what you think. Id like one but kind of on my "when I have everything else..." list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks, but I don't shoot steel-case. Usually the Hornady Black ELD Match. I wish I had started reloading for it - a little late now.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Back in stock at $0.50 per. https://www.targetsportsusa.com/wolf...l-p-58570.aspx

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Congrats!

Let us know what you think. Id like one but kind of on my "when I have everything else..." list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    It's about 4 weeks out..lol. I talked with a Larue rep today....Merry Christmas to me lol

Feedback Score
    I'm a big fan of LaRue. Own 3 uppers - a 12.5" in 5.56, an 18" in 5.56 and a 6.5CM. They are all shooters. Just had the 6.5CM out a couple of days ago and had no problem hitting 8" plates at 400 yards in pretty terrible conditions (wind gusting between 10-20 mph), using fairly cheap Hornady American Gunner ammo. Not spectacular shooting, I know, but still pretty satisfying.

If you're concerned about resale I'd spring for a LaRue receiver. Otherwise just get an Aeroprecision/Spike's Tactical receiver and save some $.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo223 View Post
    I'm a big fan of LaRue. Own 3 uppers - a 12.5" in 5.56, an 18" in 5.56 and a 6.5CM. They are all shooters. Just had the 6.5CM out a couple of days ago and had no problem hitting 8" plates at 400 yards in pretty terrible conditions (wind gusting between 10-20 mph), using fairly cheap Hornady American Gunner ammo. Not spectacular shooting, I know, but still pretty satisfying.

If you're concerned about resale I'd spring for a LaRue receiver. Otherwise just get an Aeroprecision/Spike's Tactical receiver and save some $.
    I ordered a stripped Larue lower receiver ...then they just posted that they have a limited amount of complete lowers in stock...

Feedback Score
    Yes, but the stripped lower is $200 and the Ultimate Upper kits comes with all the other parts you need to assemble a lower. Complete lowers are $600 so if you went this route you would spend $400 more and end up with a bunch of extra parts.

Not sure if you've ever assembled a lower before, but it's generally pretty straightforward. Just be sure to put everything together in a clean space so you can find the detent pins because you will inevitably send them flying the first couple of times.

BTW - If you are buying a large frame Ultimate Upper (i.e. .308/6.5CM, etc.) you should definitely consider taking advantage of the discount they offer if you buy a suppressor at the same time. I think they are $400 with the discount. Very tough to find another suppressor at this price. And if you add a Tranquilo brake to your upper the suppressor just screws on. You just need to be prepared to wait a LONG time for your suppressor to arrive.
    Last edited by cosmo223; 11-21-20 at 10:35.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast