Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Larue upper receiver kit..opinions?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Thinking about getting one in 5.56... Price with basic options seems very reasonable. Probably assemble this with a PSA stripped lower

Thanks for the responses.
    In late: Why assemble it with a PSA lower? You get everything you need EXCPEPT the lower with the ultimate upper kit. Roll out the money for the matching billet lower, you wont regret it:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    In late: Why assemble it with a PSA lower? You get everything you need EXCPEPT the lower with the ultimate upper kit. Roll out the money for the matching billet lower, you wont regret it:

https://www.larue.com/products/larue-billet-lowers/
    Ugh..didnt see this on the website...but didn't look super hard either..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one in 6.5 Grendel. Got the kit before they were offering the lowers. When they started offering the lowers I bought one, but as could be expected the FDE didn't match exactly. So, for that reason, I'd suggest buying them together. Love the rifle, right now hate the ammo.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Why do you hate the ammo?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I have one in 6.5 Grendel. Got the kit before they were offering the lowers. When they started offering the lowers I bought one, but as could be expected the FDE didn't match exactly. So, for that reason, I'd suggest buying them together. Love the rifle, right now hate the ammo.
    Well, the PSA lowers are spares...for something...at some point. But that Larue lower looks tempting but they only have them in black, which is OK.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You used to only be able to get them when ordering a kit. I believe they opened them up to all customers. I was tempted but was also on a budget. Felt 200 for a non ambi lower was not worth it for me...

I do like them, maybe some day just to make that a complete LaRue.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well, the PSA lowers are spares...for something...at some point. But that Larue lower looks tempting but they only have them in black, which is OK.
    When they started ramping up production and offering them to all customers they stopped offering other colors.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    When they started ramping up production and offering them to all customers they stopped offering other colors.

Well I can always Krylon or send out for Cerakote...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well I can always Krylon or send out for Cerakote...
    If you care about them being the same shade, probably the better option.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Why do you hate the ammo?
    Can't find locally - plenty of 6.5 Creedmore, though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast