Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dillon 650 / 750

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Dillon 650 / 750

Mark has a 550, but I was thinking about upgrading to a 650, what are your thoughts?

Dillon has an "Essential package" for 9mm, hmm? And an upgrade option for $150 or so.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I had a 1050 when they came out and was still shooting competitively.
    It was great if loading a single caliber. However it had dies similar to the Square Deal that were a pain to change.

I went with the 650 20+ years back. I assume the 750 is an improvement.
    I would suggest getting the case feeder with it/ if the 750 doesn’t come with one.
    It is no problem loading 5/600 pistol RDs in a couple hrs. with the case feeder.
    Last edited by gaijin; 11-09-20 at 18:22.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Mark has a 550, but I was thinking about upgrading to a 650, what are your thoughts?

Dillon has an "Essential package" for 9mm, hmm? And an upgrade option for $150 or so.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

PB
    Auto-indexing, case-feeding, etc is very much a time saver. Once you learn the quirks of true progressive reloading, you’ll never want to go back. Even precision ammo can be made on the progressive press, see F-Class John on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I love my 650. If you're going to switch primer sizes, I hear it's a PITA, but I only load 9mm and 5.56 on mine. They sell an additional primer assembly so that you can have one for large and one for small. The casefeeder is an add-on, but I think it's absolutely necessary. I load 500 rounds an hour comfortably and produce good ammo on mine.

Feedback Score
    I love my 650.

The extra station for a powder check die is a big bonus to me. I like the priming system on the 650 and find it quite reliable, not difficult to change sizes.

You will want to get an In-line Fabrication mount, and some other stuff like a polymer ball bearing for the shell plate stop. Case feeder is a must.

Until you get all the case feeder shell plates, and other case handling hardware caliber conversions will be about $250. Fair warning.

Feedback Score
    I've loaded on a 650 and a 750, I like the 750. The primer system is simple, like a 550, plus a few other small things make it a little better press I think. That said I will never give up my 1050, for 5.56 and 9mm it is the way to go(or the new RL1100).
    Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. Ben Franklin

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Anybody have any esperience with the auto loader attachment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    Anybody have any esperience with the auto loader attachment
    What attachment do you mean, case feeder? Bullet feeder?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by punchandpie View Post
    What attachment do you mean, case feeder? Bullet feeder?
    https://www.markvii-loading.com/autodrives.html

Feedback Score
    I Know a few running them, but on 1050s. The 650s have some plastic parts in the auto indexing the have been problemsome. The most important thing looks to be how well adjusted the reloader is, fine tuning. It has also show the weak parts that wear fast, one of the 1050 has 50,000 rounds on it this summer and has needed a fair amount of parts. I wouldn't autodrive a 650/750, 1050/1100 will last quite awhile, if I could pay the cash I would poney up and go with the Mark 7 evolution with the autodrive, if I was super flush with money the mark 7 revolution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast