Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 556 ammo anybody?

Feedback Score
    All I’ve been doing is a little load development and that is it. I’m sitting on what I have. Scheels had 20,000 cci #41 in may. I kick myself I didn’t buy them all right then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Ranges are probably packed with new shooters. There isn’t just an ammo shortage, there is a firearm shortage as well. My local store can’t keep any ARs, AKs, Glocks, or much of anything else other than some foreign brands on the shelves. Lots of new gun owners means lots of people that need to learn how to shoot, and shoot accurately. It’s a good thing. Plus for any reloaders, might be a good time to grab free once-fired brass (if the range doesn’t use it themselves).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTwoSix View Post
    Ranges are probably packed with new shooters. There isn’t just an ammo shortage, there is a firearm shortage as well. My local store can’t keep any ARs, AKs, Glocks, or much of anything else other than some foreign brands on the shelves. Lots of new gun owners means lots of people that need to learn how to shoot, and shoot accurately. It’s a good thing. Plus for any reloaders, might be a good time to grab free once-fired brass (if the range doesn’t use it themselves).
    New shooters definitely a good thing. I'm just not seeing that anywhere. All the ranges here ....packed ...but very few new people unless most of those new people are buying multiple rifles and pelican cases . Coming in with all kinds of molon lane patches on their tactical backpacks, all 5.11 Oakley'd out with beards like they were deep in A-stan noman's land surviving on their wits and a pocket knife ....etc... I'm sure there are new shooters mixed in but it's not the norm

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 11-22-20 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    I like the patch that says "Some Days I Border On Competent"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    been hitting the local ranges, have collected 1 5 gallon bucket of 556 and 1 5 gallon 9mm brass. thank you to all the non reloading shooters and police
    Last edited by tommyrott; 11-22-20 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyrott View Post
    been hitting the local ranges, have collected 1 5 gallon bucket of 556 and 1 5 gallon 9mm brass. thank you to all the non reloading shooters and police
    Right, the only time I've paid for brass was when I started reloading .38 super auto. Now if I can prevail upon my fellow shooter to buy more .38 super pistols, buy .38 SA ammo and then leave the brass on the ground for me.....

Report from my AO: The supply of guns, all types, is excellent. Pretty much whatever you want, including used guns, are available. Prices don't seem to have changed either. The ammo supply is, IMO, not good. Yes, it's there, 9mm and 5.56 too but at stupid high prices. $35+ for 50 rounds brass cased 9mm. I have gotten steel cased 9mm for $12/50 but availability is inconsistent . 5.56 brass cased is running around $15/20 . 5.56/.223 steel case is cheaper and when I can find it I use it for the short ranges stages during 2 gun matches.
    Just buying what I need for training, i.e., checking zero... and matches.

Feedback Score
    Has anybody seen any stock on Horandy TAP or any other defensive round? I've been looking for Mk262 too and I have a feeling thats going to be gone for a while.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cucvtom View Post
    Has anybody seen any stock on Horandy TAP or any other defensive round? I've been looking for Mk262 too and I have a feeling thats going to be gone for a while.
    There was this but it's out of stock now.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Back in stock. Speer Gold Dot .223 Rem 75 grain, $526 per carton of 500. https://www.velocityammosales.com/pr...f-defense-case
    This place is running backorders on Black Hills 77 grain. https://www.creedmoorsports.com/prod...&cid=aff_74383

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    LGS has a pallet of American Eagle 5.56 or .223 @ $14 per 20, limit of 3 per customer. I said "hmmm" and walked by. 22 lr is available but laughably priced.

Andy

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast