Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 556 ammo anybody?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

556 ammo anybody?

What is the deal with the ammo shortage? Is it raw materials? Goberment buying it all? 556, 9mm , 45acp it doesn't matter, not available.

Because its not like you see stuff come available then its gone quickly. Nothing is available or seems to becoming available?

I thought it was boring from panics at first but now I see nothing, teach a brother something.

I take it back I did find some stuff at Midway USA but slim and expensive.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-09-20 at 18:31.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Panic buying when covid hit and then all of the social unrest that caused everyone and their mother to go buy guns and ammo. Now it's going to be made even worse with ol Shotgun Joe and Kamala Harris in the White House.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's from panics. Mostly from seasoned owners. When you have 20k rounds do you say that enough or do you say 1k more can't hurt?! Add to that guys who can spend $30k without batting an eye and there goes your smmo

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    It's from panics. Mostly from seasoned owners. When you have 20k rounds do you say that enough or do you say 1k more can't hurt?! Add to that guys who can spend $30k without batting an eye and there goes your smmo
    $30K for 20K rounds? Uh no, even now, unless you are buying all match or Mk262 one box at a time. Recheck your math. At .70/round 20k rounds would be $14k. That's more than double what I paid, because I've been stacking for a few years. I always buy in bulk when possible too. You just have to buy more than you shoot when its cheap.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-18-20 at 23:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    $30K for 20K rounds? Uh no, even now, unless you are buying all match or Mk262 one box at a time. Recheck your math. At .70/round 20k rounds would be $14k. That's more than double what I paid, because I've been stacking for a few years. I always buy in bulk when possible too. You just have to buy more than you shoot when its cheap.
    You're combining two examples I gave into one.

Example A. Guys who ALREADY have 20k rounds and will buy more.

Example B. Guys who can afford to drop $30k on ammo.

Sometimes they're the guys but that's besides the point

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I saw 150 rounds of Winchester Super X 3" 00 buck sell for $655 on GB today. Over $4/shell.

Feedback Score
    Government isn’t buying anymore than normal.

I have friends that work in ammo plants. They are facing the same COVID nonsense slowing down production as everybody else. Combine that with hoarders and panic-buyers from COVID, social unrest, and the election and you have the perfect storm.

Currently, buying in bulk isn’t an option unless you’re willing to pay $700-800/1000 for crummy ammo. If you shop around at mom’n’pops you can find small quantities at reasonable prices. Even Academy has large quantities of ammo in stock but is limiting purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Government isn’t buying anymore than normal.

I have friends that work in ammo plants. They are facing the same COVID nonsense slowing down production as everybody else. Combine that with hoarders and panic-buyers from COVID, social unrest, and the election and you have the perfect storm.

Currently, buying in bulk isn’t an option unless you’re willing to pay $700-800/1000 for crummy ammo. If you shop around at mom’n’pops you can find small quantities at reasonable prices. Even Academy has large quantities of ammo in stock but is limiting purchases.

Plenty of people willing to pay that. Cheaper Than Dirt has been proving it for over a decade

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Plenty of people willing to pay that. Cheaper Than Dirt has been proving it for over a decade

Capitalism at its finest.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Capitalism at its finest.

In this specific case yes and no. This is using people's fear to profit from it. Knowing they'll pay whatever just to have.

A guy at the office next to mine has a G23 and like 3 rounds. He was asking to buy more. Willing to pay boat load just to have some. This is desperation not capitalism. He would probably pay anything

I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to empty their bank accounts, sell all their possessions and take out 12 loans if they were promised a cure for whatever is killing them. There's a point where the price of the product is irrelevant, people will pay through the nose

Last edited by Arik; 11-09-20 at 20:44.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast