Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 556 ammo anybody?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's to the point with the election going the way that it has; I am giving up on waiting for ammo to come back down in price.

Bought 8 pounds of H335 and a Frankfort arsenal de-primer tool.

77gr SMK's are in the mail.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    So for those of you looking for ammo, or considering buying extra, would ~$650/case M193 be "reasonable" in this market? What about ~$500/case for 9mm 124gr FMJ?

So far everything I see online that is brass cased .223/5.56 (usually PMC) is going for $750-$840 per case. Brass case 9mm is at $575-$600 per case.
    Really depends on your current ammo stock, you need/requirements to keep shooting at a certain level, and income.

If I was out of ammo, I'd buy some (of course I'd never be out of ammo, I would stop shooting before hitting mins).

If I was rich, I'd buy some.

Otherwise right now I'm not buying any, but I have plenty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So for those of you looking for ammo, or considering buying extra, would ~$650/case M193 be "reasonable" in this market? What about ~$500/case for 9mm 124gr FMJ?

So far everything I see online that is brass cased .223/5.56 (usually PMC) is going for $750-$840 per case. Brass case 9mm is at $575-$600 per case.
    If I didn't have any I would bite the bullet and stock up a little. I'm not hurting, I don't have a consistent shooting schedule due to work so I'm not consistently needing to resupply. Also, I don't look at market, I look at what I'm comfortable paying. And like I said I'm not comfortable paying the equivalent of a monthly mortgage. If I can buy two cases I can pay off my house faster! Having said that I do keep an eye on sales and I have bought ammo in the last two months when good deals popped up

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ammo is available here locally but at inflated prices. One LGS, when I complained of the price, told me that it reflected what he was paying. I have no reason to doubt him. Wolf 9mm is affordable but inflated @ $13/50 rounds. Brass cased stuff @ $35/50 but that's a no go for me. Academy had Win green tip 5.56 @ $11/20 rounds, limit three boxes. I just buy it when I see a reasonable price and limit my shooting.

I do hope that those who are buying at inflated prices and then flipping it at stupid high prices get stuck when the supply catches up, just like those who bought standard capacity mags at inflated prices and tried to sell them after the sunset of the AWB.

After reading this thread it seems the primer shortage is the choke point.

Feedback Score
    The ammunition shortage is like everything else going on now. Difficult to pinpoint one thing. I think that we have all seen this coming for many years. Now is not the time to stock up on ammo now is the time to be stocking up on mini bottles as that will be our next currency.

Feedback Score
    Vista has a year's backlog:

“We currently have over a year’s worth of orders for ammunition in excess of $1 billion,” Metz said during the Nov. 5 call. “With demand far outstripping supply and inventory levels in the channel at all-time lows, we see strong demand continuing, and this metric informs our viewpoint of what a recovery or normalization could look like.”

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...utdoor-behind/
    Last edited by Slater; 11-13-20 at 10:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Ammo is available here locally but at inflated prices. One LGS, when I complained of the price, told me that it reflected what he was paying. I have no reason to doubt him. Wolf 9mm is affordable but inflated @ $13/50 rounds. Brass cased stuff @ $35/50 but that's a no go for me. Academy had Win green tip 5.56 @ $11/20 rounds, limit three boxes. I just buy it when I see a reasonable price and limit my shooting.

I do hope that those who are buying at inflated prices and then flipping it at stupid high prices get stuck when the supply catches up, just like those who bought standard capacity mags at inflated prices and tried to sell them after the sunset of the AWB.

After reading this thread it seems the primer shortage is the choke point.
    Why would you want misfortune to happen to somebody like that? It’s supply/demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Why would you want misfortune to happen to somebody like that? It’s supply/demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes it is and I have the option of thinking what I think and not buying. I am a free market guy and I would not tell someone they can't scalp if they want to. They made a gamble and I'm making mine. There is no "misfortune" here, they still have their stuff.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Vista has a year's backlog:

“We currently have over a year’s worth of orders for ammunition in excess of $1 billion,” Metz said during the Nov. 5 call. “With demand far outstripping supply and inventory levels in the channel at all-time lows, we see strong demand continuing, and this metric informs our viewpoint of what a recovery or normalization could look like.”

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...utdoor-behind/
    crazy

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Yes it is and I have the option of thinking what I think and not buying. I am a free market guy and I would not tell someone they can't scalp if they want to. They made a gamble and I'm making mine. There is no "misfortune" here, they still have their stuff.
    It's not scalping if costs are actually going up due to component scarcity. People are trying to draw a parallel to this and post-Sandy Hook. Not the same.

Same thing when N95s/3ply masks went from $0.02 to $0.80 each earlier this year. Factories couldn't make it fast enough to begin with and what they charged skyrocketed. The limited supply becomes worth more. There's no evil being behind the curtain pulling levers. Within reason, CTD is an obvious exception.
    Last edited by munch520; 11-13-20 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Natchez had Frontier XM193 for $0.47/round (pre shipping & tax) just a few days ago. https://www.natchezss.com/hornady-fr...0-ct-case.html

Federal XM193 and XM855 fairly regularly come up for $0.55/round including shipping but not sales tax, but the frequency with which it appears is decreasing.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast