Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 556 ammo anybody?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I saw winchester 193 at my local bass pro. The funny thing was they where not even putting it on the shelves. It was just sitting in a cart near the ammo shelves. They wanted $81 after tax for the 150 round bulk pack.

Also my local ranges are packed. Not just the regular hunters either. Lots of new shooters with handguns.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Don't quote SPAM!!

~Voodoochild~

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    man based on some comments, some of you are heeeeeeavy operators. lol biggest mouths usually shoot far less than they they do or got chips on shoulders from those weekend warrior classes.

who cares how much someone shoots, drop the derogitive names and be grateful they shoot at all vs not shoot and support gun control. More gun owners and more shooters is a good thing. Gallop just released yesterday saw support for gun control drop by it's widest margin ever (7pts) yr over yr. This is good, let them shoot 10 shots a yr like some cops I know, who cares
    This 100% over the last year I've seen more and more new shooters coming out to the pit I frequent. To the point where it's damn near crowded sometimes. It can be annoying but it also makes me glad that the gun culture is alive and well and is spreading to new people, this is what we need to keep the 2nd alive. I've also met a lot of cool people there and gotten to check out a lot of different guns.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    RHINOWSO-I dont know your AO..but Ive been buying 15 round packs of Federal 1330fps OO buck at Wallyworld lately...they always have a few. Its $13 bucks & change & tax. Good stuff for you & your Pop. Just an fyi.
    Thanks - I rarely shoot shotguns and have a couple hundred rounds of Federal 00 buck for Mossbergs and a bunch of birdshot from Wallyworld - they are primarily for the cannon fodder who show up if the shit hits the fan or trade fodder if the ammo shortage hits that stuff.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    This 100% over the last year I've seen more and more new shooters coming out to the pit I frequent. To the point where it's damn near crowded sometimes. It can be annoying but it also makes me glad that the gun culture is alive and well and is spreading to new people, this is what we need to keep the 2nd alive. I've also met a lot of cool people there and gotten to check out a lot of different guns.
    amen to that

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    It's from panics. Mostly from seasoned owners. When you have 20k rounds do you say that enough or do you say 1k more can't hurt?! Add to that guys who can spend $30k without batting an eye and there goes your smmo
    $30K for 20K rounds? Uh no, even now, unless you are buying all match or Mk262 one box at a time. Recheck your math. At .70/round 20k rounds would be $14k. That's more than double what I paid, because I've been stacking for a few years. I always buy in bulk when possible too. You just have to buy more than you shoot when its cheap.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 11-18-20 at 23:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Here's 280,000 rounds of 5.56. You can only buy 600 at a time at an inflated price however.

https://www.2awarehouse.com/winchest...ss-600-rounds/

That's what? 14,000 rounds per barrel? A $1 per round for M193 is pretty steep. I don't think I ever paid more than $.34/Round for M193 or M855.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    $30K for 20K rounds? Uh no, even now, unless you are buying all match or Mk262 one box at a time. Recheck your math. At .70/round 20k rounds would be $14k. That's more than double what I paid, because I've been stacking for a few years. I always buy in bulk when possible too. You just have to buy more than you shoot when its cheap.
    You're combining two examples I gave into one.

Example A. Guys who ALREADY have 20k rounds and will buy more.

Example B. Guys who can afford to drop $30k on ammo.

Sometimes they're the guys but that's besides the point

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I saw 150 rounds of Winchester Super X 3" 00 buck sell for $655 on GB today. Over $4/shell.

Feedback Score
    Local place here got in a pallet of loose pack boxes of 1000 Federal m855 hes selling it for $750.

What I can’t get over is that would be $21 per 30 round magazine.

I download to 28 in all my mags for the arfdotcom math whizzes that seem to be circling this thread.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast