Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 556 ammo anybody?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not showing up on the market because everyone is holding on to it. Look, Biden is likely to be prez and between the hostilities and fear of bans everyone is afraid at what can happen

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Plenty of people willing to pay that. Cheaper Than Dirt has been proving it for over a decade

Capitalism at its finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Capitalism at its finest.

In this specific case yes and no. This is using people's fear to profit from it. Knowing they'll pay whatever just to have.

A guy at the office next to mine has a G23 and like 3 rounds. He was asking to buy more. Willing to pay boat load just to have some. This is desperation not capitalism. He would probably pay anything

I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to empty their bank accounts, sell all their possessions and take out 12 loans if they were promised a cure for whatever is killing them. There's a point where the price of the product is irrelevant, people will pay through the nose

Last edited by Arik; 11-09-20 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    In this specific case yes and no. This is using people's fear to profit from it. Knowing they'll pay whatever just to have.

A guy at the office next to mine has a G23 and like 3 rounds. He was asking to buy more. Willing to pay boat load just to have some. This is desperation not capitalism. He would probably pay anything

I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to empty their bank accounts, sell all their possessions and take out 12 loans if they were promised a cure for whatever is killing them. There's a point where the price of the product is irrelevant, people will pay through the nose

Supply and demand. Simple as that. There is little to buy and lots wanting to buy it, be it fear or some other motivation it cannot cheat the supply curve and the demand curve. Sellers can’t replace it and if they sell it at last years’ prices nobody gets it but the first to come across it because it’s a “bargain”. Scarcity is what makes the world go round.

It is available to those most willing to buy it solely due to supply curve. That’s literally what capitalism is about.

If a cure for what is killing you exists, what good are your possessions if you’re dead?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    From what I understand right now the backlog is primers. They aren't easy to manufacture, so even reloading is impacted.

I just got 1,200 from Midway at $0.57 per round and it sold out fast.
    Unfortunately, I don't see the cost or availability getting better any time in the near future.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I heard the same thing.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Stuff is not 'available' right now because guys like you bought it all when it was cheap and stacked it way past 'deep' leaving mere scraps behind for the rest of us schmucks.
    You should nominate yourself to the Board of Ammo Allocation.

But it reality your dumb ass had just as much opportunity to buy from 2017 to early 2020.

You chose to buy other things.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm stocked pretty deep, but never deep enough. 556 is no issue for us but 9 is a bitch for primers. If anyone has small pistol primers I'm not above a weekend to the ranch.....I'm cheap lol

crazy times, primers seem to be an issue. Maybe Biden shut down primers .........

This ammo issue is BS, stay safe!!!!!!

Good luck Brothers in arms.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Here’s my question: If primers are the slowdown, what is involved in the manufacture of primers?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Here’s my question: If primers are the slowdown, what is involved in the manufacture of primers?
    I heard this from a conversation with a person at Fenix Ammunition.

While there are hundreds of not more ammo manufacturers, there's only a few manufacturers of primers and they are time consuming to make.

When covid-19 hit their factories slowed down, ammo started to fly off the shelves and they haven't been able to keep up with demand.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Most lead used in bullets is recycled. There is no shortage of lead in the United Stated.

This. I know a guy that owns a pretty popular bullet casting business. He buys all of his lead by the container from Alibaba. Keeps prices low for him, but I'm sure his customers would love to know they're shooting Chinese lead.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    I'm sure it's lot of stuff that the EPA doesn't like.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andre3k; 11-10-20 at 05:32.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast