Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 556 ammo anybody?

Feedback Score
    Here's a good article on how primers are manufactured.
    https://www.outdoorlife.com/cartridg...-developments/

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It's a perfect storm for ammo to be a train wreck. It was already really bad but seemed to be stabilizing a bit and then the election happened. Looking at Ammoseek this morning makes me wanna vomit and it's going up so fast that it is just gonna get worse for a bit.

I still have plenty that I bought at $.26/rnd but I haven't been replacing as I use it as much this year as previous. I sucked it up and bought some in the .60's last week and I'm glad I did now. I also stocked up on .22lr while it was still cheap early this year to start supplementing my range trips with some plinking to help ration out the good stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Somehow I am seriously doubting that you were one of those that got caught with their pants down and did not stock up long ago to make sure that you were not subject to market 'disturbances'.

One of the reasons I don't post pictures of my 'going to the range' junk is because I know darn well a guy like you will come along right after and post pictures of his pallet jack (loaded way beyond capacity no doubt) sitting next to his spot.

Stuff is not 'available' right now because guys like you bought it all when it was cheap and stacked it way past 'deep' leaving mere scraps behind for the rest of us schmucks.
    It’s for the best. Should’ve got it before the panic. I say the guy was smart for getting it. Don’t be a player hater. Don’t hate the player, hate the game. Do better next time. Don’t point fingers.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    All because of stupidity. Piss poor planning. The guy has 3 rounds. How the heck did he let that happen? It’s people like him that are the weak and will be pushed around and robbed if things go south.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    All because of stupidity. Piss poor planning. The guy has 3 rounds. How the heck did he let that happen? It’s people like him that are the weak and will be pushed around and robbed if things go south.
    If you're referring to me then I don't know and don't care really. I'm sure he had more than 3 and was just exaggerating but meant he had very little.

How did he let it happen? How many people do you know that have been robbed? I don't know a single person. I know people who went their whole lives without ever owning a firearm and ever needing one. It's low priority for most people.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Here’s my question: If primers are the slowdown, what is involved in the manufacture of primers?
    Filling a little tiny brass cup with an actual explosive and not blowing the machine (and possibly the plant) up in the process.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    From what I understand right now the backlog is primers. They aren't easy to manufacture, so even reloading is impacted.
    Correct. COVID, unrest/BLM, election, etc. are all contributing factors in the perfect storm/nightmare but the main shortage cause is primer. There's only 4 domestic manufacturers of primer, that seems to be the bottleneck.

As far as outlook, I think it looks bleak to the tune of a year or more, not months. The longer the shortage continues, coupled with the more unstable things become, the more demand outpaces production and backlogs continue to build as a result. And whether Biden gets in (=gun control), or Trump flips states and gets in through SCOTUS (=unrest), people will be panicking for one reason or another.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah, this isn't going away anytime soon.

Anyone in the hurt locker for ammo is going to have to stop / greatly reduce shooting or pay through the nose for ammo.

Those of us who are prepared will likely do well to reduce expenditures / shift to some rimfire training and assess.

The biggest unknown is legislation - if they eliminate online purchasing, that would keep up the demand for much much longer and keep prices very high for the foreseeable future. At least 2+ years until a potential political change or court cases wind up in SCOTUS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    If you're referring to me then I don't know and don't care really. I'm sure he had more than 3 and was just exaggerating but meant he had very little.

How did he let it happen? How many people do you know that have been robbed? I don't know a single person. I know people who went their whole lives without ever owning a firearm and ever needing one. It's low priority for most people.

With that attitude you are bound to get burnt. Complacency kills.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    With that attitude you are bound to get burnt. Complacency kills.
    Ok! Ill make sure to have him let me know when he visits Somali, or Detroit. Until then I doubt his area will turn into a blood bath.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast