Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 556 ammo anybody?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Get a room and bang it out you two.

Feedback Score
    I've purchased primers lately at our local Scheels. They come sporadically. One week, 20,000 small rifle. Two weeks later, 14,000 large pistol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Yeah, this isn't going away anytime soon.

Anyone in the hurt locker for ammo is going to have to stop / greatly reduce shooting or pay through the nose for ammo.

Those of us who are prepared will likely do well to reduce expenditures / shift to some rimfire training and assess.

The biggest unknown is legislation - if they eliminate online purchasing, that would keep up the demand for much much longer and keep prices very high for the foreseeable future. At least 2+ years until a potential political change or court cases wind up in SCOTUS.
    That's a good point and interesting observation...the gun (and by extension ammo) world is like the stock market. Even if nothing is passed, rumblings of even an EO involving guns/ammo would jack price up and hit demand. Nothing even needs to happen, just someone in gov saying something can cause panikk.

The crazy thing here is there's no room for it, instability is a guarantee either way as far as POTUS goes, and the market's already sideways.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    And this is the double - triple whammy.

First the rioting going around the country with BLM/ANTIFA started getting people buying.

Then the COVID19 stuff really got it going.

Now the Election.

And honestly, if someone only started looking come the fall / election time, they were about 6-9 months late already.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Somehow I am seriously doubting that you were one of those that got caught with their pants down and did not stock up long ago to make sure that you were not subject to market 'disturbances'.

One of the reasons I don't post pictures of my 'going to the range' junk is because I know darn well a guy like you will come along right after and post pictures of his pallet jack (loaded way beyond capacity no doubt) sitting next to his spot.

Stuff is not 'available' right now because guys like you bought it all when it was cheap and stacked it way past 'deep' leaving mere scraps behind for the rest of us schmucks.
    I was not caught with my pants down Pal, I assure you. I dont even follow your post, a bit confusing to me. But my ammo and reloading is good, I just wish I could keep par levels and cant with factory fodder. Reloading, we are GTG. Good thread though, intersting.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-10-20 at 12:54.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ky. Gun Co., Bardstown, Ky., had several pallets of Federal 5.56 M193, albeit at $.80/round with no limits on quantity. This was last Friday (11/6).

Feedback Score
    A local gun shop has 50 round Browning 9mm 155gr FMJ for....................................$36.99!!!

All I wanted was a few boxes of MK262 and a few boxes of Hornady 62gr TAP in 5.56 flavor, guess I'll be waiting a while.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    One of the reasons I don't post pictures of my 'going to the range' junk is because I know darn well a guy like you will come along right after and post pictures of his pallet jack (loaded way beyond capacity no doubt) sitting next to his spot.

Stuff is not 'available' right now because guys like you bought it all when it was cheap and stacked it way past 'deep' leaving mere scraps behind for the rest of us schmucks.[/QUOTE]

So, we are supposed to feel quilty or something for buying ammo at decades low prices when there was a glut of it literally everywhere?
    I think not..and if ANYONE here now didnt heed THREE YEARS WORTH OF WARNINGS to "buy now" as I myself weekly told anyone who would listen, well go cry in a mirror, its YOUR fault, SCHMUCK.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    The stuff we’ve bought the last three years would have lasted ten minutes in today’s environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Goes back to what I've told ppl before. Buy ammo like you buy stocks. Often, whatever you can afford.

Whether that is a case a month, a case a quarter, etc. Whatever you can do, do it. Because if you don't, life gets in the way and you are 1-2 years behind and staring at empty shelves with guns to shoot but no ammo when the crisis' eventually hit (and here is a hint - they ALWAYS WILL).

I'm generally 'new again' to the firearm game, getting back into it in the past 10 years starting in my mid-30s. Even so, it's nice to look on the shelves and see factory new ammo from 5-8 years ago that I purchased when it was too cheap not to. Those good deals that popped up around the holidays or during the summer doldrums of guns-n-ammo stores needing to clean out inventory.

I tried to buy a case of something every month for the last 2-3 years. Wasn't always a $600 case of 308, sometimes it was a $175 case of 22LR when they where plentiful. It's really just the discipline to have a budget and make yourself do what you decide to do, not what is stupid or easy.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast