Thread: M249 parts kit

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

M249 parts kit

Selling my kit due to I have a FN 249 and really have no reason to build another one. Kit is about 75% done, both labor and parts. This is NOT a firearm yet and can be shipped to your door, no FFL. The gas tube support, front bushing, trigger frame support and barrel trunion are TIG welded in location. Ejection port cut/bent and trigger pocket locations marked. Most of the hard work has been done on the receiver. Mostly new parts, some used but in god condition. I have US Machine Gun blue prints and a few other documents needed to complete the build I’ll include. Can be built as an open bolt machine gun or a closed bolt semi auto. Comes with everything pictured. $4000 shipped CONUS.

pictures:
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/9TnL5jD
    https://postimg.cc/gallery/9TnL5jD
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’m getting a TON of emails and calls about this. And 95% are all the same question. I’ll try to and answer it here. To Finish this receiver requires some welding (MIG or TIG you can even have a welder do it, you don’t have to if you can’t weld) and some mill work (two small passes with an 1/8” end mill and two small passes with a slotting end mill) to finish the trigger frame pocket and the slots for the top cover latch. Yes, all the “machine work” could also be done with a dremel or grinder if you don’t have access to a mill, what’s left I didn’t already do is pretty damn easy. The skill required to finish this kit is about the same as an AK at this point. Brace yourself; M249 guns are EXPENSIVE. ANY home made M249 will end up costing $7500-$8500 minimum. No matter what. It just will. This kit is only a large portion of what is needed to finish a home made M249. This kit still needs about $3500 in parts to complete, less if you’re a dealer, patient and thrifty, more if you’re impatient. Here’s the parts needed to complete: left/right bolt rails, charging handle rail, feed box support, oprod/bolt/slide, trigger group, barrel lever, stock pins, ejector and a few other small pins/springs. 95% of these parts are available right now here on GB. Midwest has a lot in stock, MGA has some semi auto conversion parts, Alpine Concepts has parts as does HDD. I’m more than willing to provide technical support to the person who buys this kit, as that in itself is impossible to find in this industry for building these. Your into big boy builds now if you’re considering a 249, these are not budget builds, they are extremely bad ass weapons and pretty rare due to the cost alone. They do require mechanical skill, money and patience But TOTALLY worth it in the end.
    Last edited by 99HMC4; 11-16-20 at 07:51.
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Price drop to $3750
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Final price drop to $3500
    FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    SOLD 11-22-20
    FFL/SOT