Thread: Request for information on 10M Air Rifle, Equipment and Books.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Request for information on 10M Air Rifle, Equipment and Books.

My Daughter just joined up with the school varsity 10M Air Rifle Team sponsored by JROTC. There is another JROTC team composed of members from multiple HS and some of the team is common.

I've been reading up for a couple days while her clearance to compete paperwork comes from the doctor and she's been attending daily practices to learn positions and equipment. They do some weekend competitions at CMP in Alabama so that's pretty cool along with local Air Rifle ranges.

Air Rifles and Clothing (Jacket/Pant) are provided, but Gear Bags, Off-Hand Stands, Spotting Scope & Stands, Gloves, Shoes and kneeling/heel bags are our responsibility to pick up. She's taking picures of what everyone uses, along with asking the Coach and Captain for recommendations.

Anyone on here have any experience with books and/or equipment recommendations for starting out in this shooting discipline?

I'll be honest, I'd never heard of it before, seen it on the CMP website and other places, just never paid it any mind. It's in the olympics and I never noticed either.

Feedback Score