Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFA now?

Feedback Score

NFA now?

I am new to all of this, so this may sound like a stupid question to some, but regardless, I am here for some advice. Should one even consider trying to purchase a silencer or applying for an SBR stamp at this point? I know that I am late to the game, but one has to start sometime. I am patiently waiting for the YHM Turbo K to become available again, but now I am unsure how to proceed. Any and all advice is welcomed. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    All you can do is start the process. I dont see them doing anything initially. Plus if you have it already in the pipeline than maybe it will be grandfathered. SBR are literally taking a month. Remember TRUMP is still president for a couple more months at least. I wouldnt let any of this crap stop me from doing it. Neither should you. Plus suppressors are a lot of fun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not a complete politics follower, but won't the Republicans still control the senate? Gun laws aren't threatened merely because of a democratic POTUS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    Plus suppressors are a lot of fun.
    The challenge becomes you can’t have just one. A dedicated rimfire can is pretty much a must have as it is “relatively” cheap fun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisten8 View Post
    I'm not a complete politics follower, but won't the Republicans still control the senate? Gun laws aren't threatened merely because of a democratic POTUS.
    Not sure if you were paying attention durning the Obama administration but he passed so many executive orders and the poor ol Republicans didnt stand up and do shit. I hope that isnt the case but it also depends on the two seats in Georgia. Lose those two and the senate, house and POTUS are democrats and that is called a super majority and there isnt a damn thing that anyone can do to stop anything. The way they stole the presidency i dont think a couple senate seats in a southern state would be too difficult.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gsmgc View Post
    IShould one even consider trying to purchase a silencer or applying for an SBR stamp at this point? I know that I am late to the game, but one has to start sometime.
    YES absolutely on both SBR and Silencer. With a trust you can e-file the form 1 the SBR (if you build one from a lower) and get it back in about a month. With a suppressor I would suggest find a gunshop/range so when you buy it there, while you wait the year to take it home, you can visit it's temporary home and shoot it on the range.

The only regret with NFA is I didn't start sooner as it's a game changer. With my kids the suppressor removes the blast and most of the bang that make shooting unpleasant, especially indoors. The other NFA stuff is some of the most fun I've had with firearms, especially teaching my kids to shoot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can even do a form 1 for a can....great way to get a rimfire can sooner. E-form1 and have the stamp in a month. Then build it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Why wouldn’t you? There’s zero reason to not do it now versus six months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Why wouldn’t you? There’s zero reason to not do it now versus six months ago.
    ^^This^^

Feedback Score
    Don't wait. Buy what you want and start the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast