Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why not a get MAWL and if not a MAWL than what?

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    OMG! $3600??!! I don’t my truck is that much on the trade in.

I need to go lay down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post

I need to go lay down.

Imagine paying that, and then finding out it’s not FSB friendly on the top rail.

Pshhh, Lame.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post

I need to go lay down.

That's like retail price. Grey market price is like double a MAWL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Why not a get MAWL and if not a MAWL than what?

Some people can't justify the cost. And realistically, I don't need to illuminate things visually at 200+ yards, because the odds of being able to accurately ID it without incoming fire are nil. Sure, steel plates are easy, but you know they are 'hostile'.

For distances outside of 200+, I firmly believe money is better spent on thermal over visual / lasers.

So for me a DBAL-A3 for $1100 with a Surefire-V are more than adequate. Not keeping up with the tactical tommies, but that is always a loosing proposition, esp since they exist to sell more shit.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I noticed in the thread link below there were a few stating they wouldn't get a MAWL, in part due to price and delivery time. I wanted to get more feedback specifically on the MAWL vs other IR laser/illuminators, if not a MAWL than which one and why. TIA.

Seeking advice on night vision
    MAWLS are pretty easy to get, they popup in stock often from various retailers. The biggest issue many have with it is the price point. But when you compare the C+1 to other civilian units, nothing else compares. That said, it's pretty easy to get FP units as others have described.

For an entry level IR/Vis laser, I recommend getting the PERST 4+ and using a 600V or any other IR illuminator. The PERST4+ is cheap, it's a full power unit and it works - but it's not made in the US. The second best option would be a Holosun laser, but it's low powered and not American made either.

It all boils down to what you plan to use it for, your skillset, and need. If you're rarely shooting at night, and don't need it for any reason - why spend $2800?
    US Army Infantry 2008-2012
    LEO 2012 - Current

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For me the reason was cost.

I considered the Perst 3 full power model but as said, the lack of support kinda threw me off. I want to build a “modern” AK And I think I will use the Perst for that because you know... AK.

I have a DBal A3 and other than the battery drain problem it seems to be working just fine. The illuminate is rather narrow but I believe it will work for what I need. In small spaces my NODs have a built in illuminate which is pretty damn good.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    For me the reason was cost.

I considered the Perst 3 full power model but as said, the lack of support kinda threw me off. I want to build a “modern” AK And I think I will use the Perst for that because you know... AK.

I have a DBal A3 and other than the battery drain problem it seems to be working just fine. The illuminate is rather narrow but I believe it will work for what I need. In small spaces my NODs have a built in illuminate which is pretty damn good.

Are you leaving the battery in your A3 and leaving the switch on?
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Are you leaving the battery in your A3 and leaving the switch on?
    Battery in, switch in the off position.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Battery in, switch in the off position.
    Interesting. About when did you buy the A3? I haven't heard of any drain issues on the A3 and we sell a ton of them, most especially now when most other IR laser models are so backed up.

Any reason you are not taking the battery out at the end of every night? In general that's a good SOP for lasers, NODs, etc.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Interesting. About when did you buy the A3? I haven't heard of any drain issues on the A3 and we sell a ton of them, most especially now when most other IR laser models are so backed up.

Any reason you are not taking the battery out at the end of every night? In general that's a good SOP for lasers, NODs, etc.
    Got it in August.

Put a new battery in, zeroed the visible laser and left it alone. The unit is on a suppressed BCM SBR which sits by the bed at all times so I never took out the battery. Nov 2nd my NODs came in. Went to play and nothing. Battery dead.

I knew about taking the battery out of the NODs but never saw that about the laser.

Sitting on my home defense rifle I thought why not have a laser as well which is why I left the battery in. I know I don’t need it so if I have to store it without the battery it isn’t the end of the world. Just didn’t know bout having to do so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast