Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why not a get MAWL and if not a MAWL than what?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    Interesting. About when did you buy the A3? I haven't heard of any drain issues on the A3 and we sell a ton of them, most especially now when most other IR laser models are so backed up.

Any reason you are not taking the battery out at the end of every night? In general that's a good SOP for lasers, NODs, etc.
    Got it in August.

Put a new battery in, zeroed the visible laser and left it alone. The unit is on a suppressed BCM SBR which sits by the bed at all times so I never took out the battery. Nov 2nd my NODs came in. Went to play and nothing. Battery dead.

I knew about taking the battery out of the NODs but never saw that about the laser.

Sitting on my home defense rifle I thought why not have a laser as well which is why I left the battery in. I know I don’t need it so if I have to store it without the battery it isn’t the end of the world. Just didn’t know bout having to do so.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Got it in August.

Put a new battery in, zeroed the visible laser and left it alone. The unit is on a suppressed BCM SBR which sits by the bed at all times so I never took out the battery. Nov 2nd my NODs came in. Went to play and nothing. Battery dead.

I knew about taking the battery out of the NODs but never saw that about the laser.

Sitting on my home defense rifle I thought why not have a laser as well which is why I left the battery in. I know I don’t need it so if I have to store it without the battery it isn’t the end of the world. Just didn’t know bout having to do so.
    Well it's not necessarily that you "have" to, but it will certainly help you avoid that problem as well as the possibility of the battery taking a dump in the unit.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    How long before we see Chinese-made clones of the MAWL?
    I ain't gon' lie, I would be tempted if the price was low enough and the thing worked (IF being the operative word, of course).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GSPatton View Post
    How long before we see Chinese-made clones of the MAWL?
    I ain't gon' lie, I would be tempted if the price was low enough and the thing worked (IF being the operative word, of course).
    They have been out for a year. $95.

I have an NGAL and 3 civilian MAWLs and the NGAL is my goto unit. The 3 oz in weight is like it’s not even there. The MAWL is a pig and you loose fine tuning. Don’t get me wrong the MAWL DA illuminator is king but for me it’s about weight saving.
    Ar15.com is for teens & liberals
    Calguns.net is for old men & liberals
    👍😂

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    I'm no expert in anything, but it seems to me that besides the illuminator power, the best part of the MAWL is the ease of switching between different beam patterns. The switchology, if you will (not my term). I used a borrowed MAWL for a night vision class, and the ergonomics are way better than my DBAL. Being able to plug a white light into it without the need for additional pressure pads is a huge bonus, as well.

I have experience with the NGAL or others, so can't comment on those.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I’ve found three vendors in the last few months that are willing to sell FP peq15s, and NGALs to anyone, not stolen, Factory new.

A little conversation goes a long way.

also, I won’t be saying who.

But it’s not hard to get full power products anymore I wouldn’t grab anything less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This is where Im at, I own a few US made class 1 units, a Perst, and FP PEQ15s; the price is too good for FP PEQs to pass up. I would like to play with a MAWL sometime, but I don't know anyone that owns one. Early online videos make the MAWL illuminator look almost as good as the illuminator on the PERST3.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123