Thread: 38/357 and 44 lever guns 16"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    42 (100%)

38/357 and 44 lever guns 16"

A little out of touch of the current offerings

I have a good supply of hot loaded .44 mag (my dad loaded it) and I will never shoot this out of handgun.

I also have a good supply of jacketed .38 and some .357

plus I have reloading supplies for these calibers.

I always wanted a Winchester 16" 44 mag Trapper or possibly a Wrangler (not sure on the BIG OL WIN LOOP) especially in the 90s when they were tac-ing them out back then.

I never went in that direction as the writings (pre net) was the preference of no cross bolt safety but IIRC, there was no offerings in 16" pistol calibers.

I would like to put a low mounted red dot and the railed receivers are inviting but I dont want to buy the wrong one the first time.

I have recently read negatives on both current issue Marlin 1894SBL in 44 or 357 and Henry X Big Boy in the same calibers. More along the lines you might get lucky and get a good one to include the opposite.

Can you offer opinions on 16" offerings in 44 and 357?

if I need to start looking for older and opt away from a railed receiver, I hope someone makes a optic mount.

The purpose of these will be plinking and general home/truck protection.

I was looking at Browning B92 but it appears they only come in 20" and I would prefer the handier shorter barrel.

I like the Marlin 1894SBL but damn.... pricing sure went up.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by SW CQB 45; 11-11-20 at 01:09.