Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car/Truck Carrying Revisited

Feedback Score

Car/Truck Carrying Revisited

With everything going on now , I`m in the process of rethinking how to carry either my P365XL or PPQ while driving . Since I have my CWP and the states I travel in are pretty reasonable ( NC , SC and GA ) .... I just want to be able to get to it in a hurry if needed ..... and my V8 can`t get me out of there .
    The P365XL seems to work ok in an AIWB holster , but after 4+ hours behind the wheel , it gets a little uncomfortable and the PPQ just isn`t doable sitting down for a long period and the center console puts it in an inaccessible location for rapid deployment .
    Today , I just saw a new setup that Alien Gear has for vehicle mounting where they strap the holster to the seat bottom between your legs . Looks pretty accessible and out of the way , you can change outer shells for either the P365 or the PPQ and specify LH or RH draw . Has anyone actually tried it and have any feedback .... or any other suggestions ??

Thanks

Feedback Score
    In my previous employment I found myself riding around for 8-10 hours a night with my VP9 w/TLR1 AIWB. When it would start to get bothersome (rear sight digging into my belly), I would tuck my tshirt into my pants between my body and the gun. It worked well but I had to remember to re-conceal when stepping out of the car (which was often). I now too carry a P365XL AWIB and it's quite a bit more comfortable. Maybe shifting it a bit in either direction on the belt will help?

Because I was the first person in company history to have his running car stolen while on foot away from it, I am glad I didn't opt for off body carry. YMMV.

If you do opt for the Alien Gear route, let us know how you like it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Driver drives. Drive the car until it stop and you have to fight. When you have to fight, a handgun on your person is most accessible, most secure, most familiar, and consistently available. Try different combinations of holster, belt, and gun until you have something more viable.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This is one of the reasons I always carry my J-frame in my pocket. I can get to it in an emergency and it is never uncomfortable. It will go until I can grab the Beretta out of the Glove Compartment.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    This is one of the reasons I always carry my J-frame in my pocket. I can get to it in an emergency and it is never uncomfortable. It will go until I can grab the Beretta out of the Glove Compartment.
    I'm with this.

If your "normal primary" isnt going to be on your person (just "nearby") carry what you can somewhere on your body. Even if it's a revolver or pocket pistol in a pocket.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You're not a real operator until you carry AIWB !

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    What if I mount an RMR on my j-frame?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agree in general with keeping carry on your person. I've looked at these car carry mounting solutions, seems like a fad lately, but all of them miss the point that a crisis is usually unexpected, and if your pistol isn't ON you when something happens, it's very easy to get separated from it.

I would continue your search for either an IWB or AIWB holster solution that works. FWIW, I carry IWB and it works in the car, but I'm left handed, so.....

As for Alien Gear: avoid at all costs. Do not have a strong reputation for quality reliable holsters.

Feedback Score
    Maximus , early on I tried an Alien Gear holster and it`s been in the junk box for many years . It`s just that their solution for a vehicle looked interesting , but I did see several problems with it .
    As pointed out , the gun isn`t on you and if you leave the vehicle , you have to remember to take it and the location also limits what you can do . If you have to get out , then you don`t have the gun on you .

So far , I`m happy with the Tulster AIWB holster and have another one cut for a red dot on order as my P365 will have a red dot as of next week . IWB on the right side doesn`t work for me ..... shoulder belt and console in the way . I have typically been an JM Custom Kydex fan , but so far , the Tulster seems better for me . Just looking for other viewpoints . Thanks .

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    What if I mount an RMR on my j-frame?
    And a SF 400 series light?
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast