Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How are Walther PPQ’s holding up long term?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ll throw in my two cents here. I have an M2 model with about 2k rounds through it, no problems whatsoever. The only changes I had to make were to replace the awful plastic factory sights with a nice set of fiber optic front/black rear from Dawson Precision and adding Traction Grips because the grip lacks texture above the bottom 3 fingers. I chose the Traction grips over the Talon grips because they are cheaper, work just as well, and don’t go over the backstrap so you can still swap out back straps while leaving the grip tape on.

The PPQ is phenomenally accurate, the trigger is extremely short and light, and it has “snappy” recoil compared to many other 9mm pistols but it’s still just a ‘snappy 9mm’ so not a .40 or a .45 or a .357 Mag. Just adapt and press on. I don’t shoot my Glocks anymore because the PPQ is so much better in every way.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 11-29-20 at 21:58.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a PPQ M1 shortly after they came out, no issues to date.
    P99, SW99, and MR9 magazines are interchangeable with PPQ M1 mags.
    You want the green recoil spring if you shoot suppressed.

Feedback Score
    I bought the M1 originally and put about 4,000 rounds through it without issue. Only sold it when the M2 came out because I hate the paddle mag release.

So far I’ve got in the neighborhood of 9,000 rounds through the M2. Only issue has ever been some jacked up reloads and when I went for about a year and a couple thousand rounds with no lube. A little dab of oil here and there in the right places and zero hiccups since. Luckily this happened in a match with low power ammo.

Feedback Score
    Can’t speak to the PPQ, but I’ve owned a P99AS for 12 years. Shot many thousands of rounds through it, and have had absolutely zero malfunctions. This is better than all of the three Glock 19s I own. Seeing as a PPQ M1 is essentially the same pistol with a different trigger and uglier aesthetics, I would expect it to serve just as well.

Just picked up a full-size PDP. Hopefully it serves as well as my P99AS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Another thing that seemed common was on the M2, some people felt the magazine release button was a bit light and wanted a stiffer spring in it. Haven’t seen many reports about it recently so maybe Walther changed the spring on newer guns.
    My PPQ M2 I’ve dropped the magazine quite a few times while shooting. Doesn’t happen with my Beretta, Glock or CZ but the PPQ just doesn’t work with my grip with that light spring in the release button.

I’ve also had the occasional trigger reset problem. Just a dead trigger after the gun cycles. Mine is a very early M2 if that matters.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123