Thread: Sigs P938 thumb safety sucks.

Feedback Score

Sigs P938 thumb safety sucks.

isn't wide enough, doesn't extend far enough forward, and rubs a hole in your thumb after a dozen or so re-engagmets of the safety. So i made a proper lever for mine. Took me about 2 hours, cause I messed up a couple of times. i could do the next one in an hour, I'm pretty sure. That and an overtravel screw in the trigger have really changed the gun. Now I want a spare barrel, rechambered in 9x21. I want to get some really light bullets really screaming out of that barrel and a longer case and a big hollowbase cavity are big helps to get that sort of performance. (ie, 45 grs, 2200 fps, 500 ft lbs like a 4" .357, no more recoil than a Makarov. i ground off and polished all of the sharp corners, and it's got luminous sights, so it's a pretty effective little gun.

Feedback Score
    I think these are extended. The single sided safety they offer is described as being extended. You could call them Monday and ask. https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/CS0078SIG

Feedback Score
    that would help, but I prefer a longer shelf and a curve for comfort when firing and when re-engaging the safety. I'd be leary of having both sides extended like that in a pocket holster, which is the way i normally carry the P938. I'd probably have to grind off some of the left handed safety.Thanks for the idea, tho.