Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the deal with WWB 5.56????

Feedback Score

What's the deal with WWB 5.56????

What's the straight skinny on WWB 5.56, regarding where it's made (Lake City?), quality, etc. Here's what I've heard so far:

- if it has "q3131" on the box (4th picture), it's made in Lake City, but can have horrible accuracy, e.g. 8 moa.
    - if it has "q3131a" on the box, it's made either in Israel, and is excellent quality, or South Korea, and is horrible quality.
    - if it has "M193" on the box (3rd picture), it's made in Lake City and is good ammo (I just bought a bunch of this)
    - if it has "Full Metal Jacket" across the front (e.g. 2nd picture), it's q3131, quality unknown.
    - some don't have "M193" or q3131 on the box (e.g. the 1st picture). This seems to be the most common.

wwb2.JPG
    wwb3.JPG
    wwb1.JPG
    wwb4.JPG
    Last edited by Ruark; 11-14-20 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never heard of WWB having 8moa. It's basic range ammo.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Never heard of WWB having 8moa. It's basic range ammo.
    There was a recent post over on arfcom about Winchester having some issue with its Lake City contract because its ammo didn't meet NATO accuracy standards - it was shooting 4 to 8 moa. I have utterly no idea if this is confirmed, it's just what I've read, like everything else in my OP.

There have been posts about 3131A ammo made in Korea being a real mess. Scrunched necks, crooked bullets, etc.

I have shot through several "plain" boxes of WWB (1st picture) with absolutely no problems. But is this different from the boxes marked "M193"? Just trying to find out what's going on here, that's why I made the OP. I did contact Winchester about it, but of course no reply.

Feedback Score
    It's not accurate ammo. I bought 3 cases of that stuff last year. While shooting it I couldn't hit the plate at 300, I thought it was something I was doing. I shot some groups in a few rifles, and I had about 6 to 8 moa

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MikhailBarracuda91 View Post
    It's not accurate ammo. I bought 3 cases of that stuff last year. While shooting it I couldn't hit the plate at 300, I thought it was something I was doing. I shot some groups in a few rifles, and I had about 6 to 8 moa

Which box were you shooting from?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
    Which box were you shooting from?
    I don't know because I put it all into .50 cal ammo cans. My brother still has a case that he hasn't touched (with the label) maybe we'll shoot a few groups for this thread

Feedback Score
    Up until a few years ago I had some Q3131A that was made in Israel. It was great quality ammunition, but I have not purchased WWB again because it's hard to figure out exactly what you're getting.

Feedback Score
    None of the ammunition that you have pictured above was made anywhere other than in the US of A... Even says so on every box. It's kind of required by law like that. Just sayin.
    ,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    None of the ammunition that you have pictured above was made anywhere other than in the US of A... Even says so on every box. It's kind of required by law like that. Just sayin.
    Correct. But if you see "A" after "Q3131," i.e. "Q3131A," it was made in Israel or South Korea.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    Lol what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast