Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's the deal with WWB 5.56????

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What's the deal with WWB 5.56????

The "deal" with WWB is that Winchester has been making it for over 40 years. As noted made in US and overseas, some is better that others only way to really know is lot samples.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    I haven’t seen WWB in 5.56 at all for quite a while. Then again I hardly ever go to Walmart anymore which is where I last saw it sold. What about .223 ammo from Winchester? Is it made in different countries as well? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Q3131 had a reputation for being mediocre quality and loaded very hot. It didn't play well in wylde chambers according to one of my instructors 10 plus years back. Just too much pressure for wylde chambers.

When I used to get it, it would have mixed head stamps in the same box, etc.

If I got any now, I'd just pull the bullet and reload the brass with a more reasonable powder charge.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Q3131 had a reputation for being mediocre quality and loaded very hot. It didn't play well in wylde chambers according to one of my instructors 10 plus years back. Just too much pressure for wylde chambers.
    What about Q3269?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    What about Q3269?
    I don't know what that is off the top of my head.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't know what that is off the top of my head.
    Winchester M855 Green Tip.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Winchester M855 Green Tip.
    Ah. I don't think I've ever had any experience with that ammo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Q3131 & the M855 Green Tip arent "junk...never had a bad round, was reliable...just not accurate & I always used it for for up close paractice and just to have rounds to burn thru. IF I had a list of M193 to choose from, it would be last on it.
    My favs & what Im fortunate enough to have good stash of is the German MEN 193 & IMI 193.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Q3131 & the M855 Green Tip arent "junk...never had a bad round, was reliable...just not accurate & I always used it for for up close paractice and just to have rounds to burn thru. IF I had a list of M193 to choose from, it would be last on it.
    My favs & what Im fortunate enough to have good stash of is the German MEN 193 & IMI 193.
    That German men reminds me of the hirtenberger we used to get,the men is more accurate though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12