Thread: Has there ever been a successful .30 Carbine AR?

Feedback Score

Has there ever been a successful .30 Carbine AR?

Hell, they've shoehorned just about any caliber without a rimmed case you can think of into the AR platform, what about .30 Carbine?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    If the .300blk hadn't happened, that might have been the next big one they would have done at that time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Due to mag compatibility with my M1s I would be in for an upper and mag block if it ever came to fruition.

ETA: it would also be one more round for practice in addition to 9mm & .22lr.

Just did some digging. Olympic Arms made an upper with bolt and mag block that had to use a modified mag catch. You can find pics online. Not sure if it was ever a full production model. Most internet lore is stating it was designed for some small foreign military that had a bunch of M1 Carbines they were fazing out, but still had a huge supply of mags and ammo.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/o...arbine.226606/
    Last edited by john armond; 11-15-20 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    I just emailed Macon Armory to see if it's something they could tackle.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    why would anyone want one? It would be inferior to the 223/9mm variants in every way. 60 years ago, before there was a .22 conversion for the AR and while 30c ammo was a nickel a shot, it might have made some sense, but those days are long gone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I just emailed Macon Armory to see if it's something they could tackle.
    Here's the reply I got from Macon Armory:

"I never have, will have to give it some thought as it will require either ringing the bolt pocket or making a blot form blank. Let me ponder :-)

Rudy"
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tellum View Post
    why would anyone want one? It would be inferior to the 223/9mm variants in every way. 60 years ago, before there was a .22 conversion for the AR and while 30c ammo was a nickel a shot, it might have made some sense, but those days are long gone.
    .223 maybe but it would not be inferior to 9mm (ballistically anyway, maybe cost-wise).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Here's the reply I got from Macon Armory:

"I never have, will have to give it some thought as it will require either ringing the bolt pocket or making a blot form blank. Let me ponder :-)

Rudy"
    Having one of Rudy’s D/I .45 uppers, if he gets a .30 Caliber setup together... it will be good to go or he won’t put it out to market.

I had one of the bad batch of one piece gas rings that he had, and when I emailed him about the issues I was having, he was on the phone with me as I was walking out of the range. He wants his stuff to run for his customers. He views his uppers similar to his children... his words.

Rudy is good people.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I had a M1 carbine I wondered if a new designed .30 carbine subgun made sense. Low recoil and greater velocity and range than a 9x19 sub .