Thread: Help me build a basic belt setup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    OP mentioned Blue Force. Well, only you can tell if you'll like it or not because we all end up liking different things, but that's what I have, and I like mine. I went with the High Speed Soft Tacos for pouches (2 each pistol/rifle) because the expandability means no new pouches to by if I change weapons. I don't mind doing the "buy once cry once" thing if I can swing it, but if I do... I want to make sure I keep the stuff. I'm also a bit of a cheap bastard. My holster is an ALS, but it mounts on a modified Blackhawk drop down left over... so I wouldn't have to buy a new one. Now it's up higher having no straps for the drop down. It mounts directly to the belt, and uses only the lower leg strap. Still, it's a bit lower than a new direct belt mounted one. That's good for my shoulder that doesn't like to go up high on the draw stroke. As a result, I'm faster with this, than my daily CC holster, because that has to be RIGHT ON my belt. I did spring for their QD system, so swapping to a different holster is only a matter of seconds. I can go from Glock 17 with a TLR1, to a 1911... Click, swap, click. Can't remember the name of my TQ holder.
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 11-16-20 at 21:59.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.