Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have a MAS 49/56 etc?

Feedback Score
    I have one that appears to be like new as well as a couple of excellent condition 7.5French bolt action rifles. The MAS 49/56 is a fun shooting rifle. If you reload, the you can make ammunition for basically the same price as 308Winchester. Stay way far away from the Portuguese FNM 7.5French ammunition. It's very weak. I bought a good bit and ended up having to pull the bullets, neck size, recharge and reseat the bullets. I'm pretty sure it's no longer imported, so any you'd run across would be old stock. The Prvi ammunition is good to go.

Feedback Score
    I had one years ago that was in .308 and I sent it off to a guy in Shotgun News who did FAL mag conversions. Thing was built like a tank.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    yeah now I want one

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I think they're cool and would like to have one especially because they are DI. We're lucky to have Privi making ammo for guns like this, but on the other hand, shooting Privi you would never know if the gun could be more accurate. On the other other hand I question if those guns could be "interestingly" accurate even if Lapua made it or there was FGMM in 7.5 French. Not what it was meant to be, anyway and I'd probably be expecting too much. Guess if I got on in 7.5 I would first tell myself "just let go and have fun with it for crapsake".

Still, knowing me I would probably have to try making some primo handloads with SMK's just to see.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I think they're cool and would like to have one especially because they are DI. We're lucky to have Privi making ammo for guns like this, but on the other hand, shooting Privi you would never know if the gun could be more accurate. On the other other hand I question if those guns could be "interestingly" accurate even if Lapua made it or there was FGMM in 7.5 French. Not what it was meant to be, anyway and I'd probably be expecting too much. Guess if I got on in 7.5 I would first tell myself "just let go and have fun with it for crapsake".

Still, knowing me I would probably have to try making some primo handloads with SMK's just to see.....
    ?? their 168gr bthp ammo in 308 is lights out accurate. That old green box stuff is better than fgmm of same caliber and bullet. Depends on what you are buying per brand to behonest

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine came with a cleaning kit and half dozen mags! If I still had it I would definitely take it to a battle rifle course

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post

Yes, but not in an AR kinda way. That gas tube blows back into a blind hole in the brick-like carrier. No gas interacts with the bolt itself like on an AR.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I had a 7.5 in great shape.

It would occasionally choke on PRVI ammo.

Front sight was too fat for the tiny aperture IMO.

Probably would have kept it had the reliability been 100%. Definitely if someone was making cartridges for the inert rifle grenades that looked like cool fun!

Feedback Score
    Buddy Hinton was the go to man on parts etc for French rifles. When I had my FAMAS he seemed to be the only man alive that had a supply of spare magazines and parts.

Feedback Score
    I almost got mine from him but someone offered me theirs at the same price that had only been re-arsenaled once

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast