Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else have a MAS 49/56 etc?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    Buddy Hinton was the go to man on parts etc for French rifles. When I had my FAMAS he seemed to be the only man alive that had a supply of spare magazines and parts.
    I got 4 mags NIW from him.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I got 4 mags NIW from him.
    FAMAS? I think I got 8 from him NIW plus a small spare parts kit.

Feedback Score
    Sorry. MAS 49 mags.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I stand corrected on Privi. I've never had it go under 2 1/2" but that's their fodder-grade stuff. I've shot their 77-or is it 75- grain match in .223 and maybe got a little less but not tighter than 2" at 100Y. I confess I have not tried their 168 .308 load in anything.

Yeah, the "DGI" of the MAS has a lot more "D" than the Stoner system!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I stand corrected on Privi. I've never had it go under 2 1/2" but that's their fodder-grade stuff. I've shot their 77-or is it 75- grain match in .223 and maybe got a little less but not tighter than 2" at 100Y. I confess I have not tried their 168 .308 load in anything.

Yeah, the "DGI" of the MAS has a lot more "D" than the Stoner system!
    no worries, they are all different and of course pending rifle. I have one hunting rifle that LOVES the 168gr stuff but anything, it's like zqi running through it..ha

I've had hornady eld that people swear by perform adequately. To be honest, I think some is just a crap shoot based on your barrel

Feedback Score
    The French make some really good weapons (the Chauchat not withstanding). They tend to be, shall we say, a bit more offbeat in their style of mechanical design compared to the Germans or Belgians, but their stuff still ends up being pretty robust and reliable.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The French make some really good weapons (the Chauchat not withstanding). They tend to be, shall we say, a bit more offbeat in their style of mechanical design compared to the Germans or Belgians, but their stuff still ends up being pretty robust and reliable.
    agree, they've got reliable and effective platforms

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    It was always distinctly French. It is a shame to see them adopt a German rifle. While the Ar15 is my favorite, largely due to my familiarity with it, it is sad to loose any variety.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Yes, but not in an AR kinda way. That gas tube blows back into a blind hole in the brick-like carrier. No gas interacts with the bolt itself like on an AR.
    my understanding is that the MAS49 is a textbook example of DI, whereas Stoner’s system is not.

All these weirdo French guns are pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    All those oddball calibers like 7.5 French, 8 Label, 303, 6.5....etc... made by PPU were around 75 cents per round

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I saw PPU 8x33 on the shelf last week. No 556. Strange times.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I wish I had kept the FAMAS but when they got to be worth more than a good sports car...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast