Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolf Military Classic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It was Herters, I think. And it worked very well. Subbed in 69gr SMKs on a 62 gr herters load, and made good ammo.
    That's probably it. I enjoy those posts on the experiments some of you guys do.

EDIT: Found a couple of topical threads...

Bullet pulling... "Mexican Match" Ammo.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...uot-Ammo/page5

"Mexican match" 5.56
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...atch-quot-5-56
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Herters is just a name. They outsource ammo. I've had PPU brass 303 in Herters branded boxes and I've had Russian steel case 9mm.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Pappabear, I'm not clear if you're asking about Wolf Military Classic in general or 308Win specifically. I have a good bit in 6.5Grendel and 223Remington. I don't have any other 6.5Grendel to compare it to, but it does run well. I don't shoot it for accuracy though. The Wolf Military Classic 223Remington that I have is very weak compared to other 223Remington. I installed a KNS gas piston on my new Arsenal SAM5 and adjusted it for the black box Wolf 223Remington that I have on hand. Then I tried the Wolf Military Classic 223Rem and it wouldn't cycle the action enough to load another cartridge, not even once. One thing to keep in mind about Russian ammo is that it's more about the factory than the name on the box. For example, I have some old boxes of Red Army Standard (Century's brand) 5.45x39 that's relatively weak. The new 5.45x39 that they import is made in the Vempyl factory and is much hotter. If you buy 5.45x39 Golden Tiger, it's the same exact thing. At least, that's the case at the moment. The retailers are prone to change the factory that they're purchasing from if they can work a better deal. I have some Wolf copper jacket 7.62x39 that was made in a Ukrainian factory. The Russians destroyed the factory. The next time I bought it, it came from a Russian factory. SGammo.com is real good about letting you know which factory the ammunition they sell was made in. Read the interesting details regarding the Wolf Military Classic 308Win.
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-...r-military-cla
    Last edited by Bret; 11-18-20 at 11:22.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    yea, I was just checking on 308 But informative post nonetheless. Thanks

My Barnuel 7.62X39 in my Arsenal and I have an MOA gun/load. So I've been surprised before.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The 7.62x39 Barnaul mil-spec that SGAmmo was selling this past year is great! Even though it's Russian ammo, I'd say the packaging and the actual rounds are better than most US brands. My particular AK shoots this stuff better than other loads.

My hands were completely clean even after opening individual 20rd packs and dumping into ammo cans (3k worth). My hands are dirty after transferring 1k of American Eagle. I've noticed some brands are very clean, and some are atrocious!!!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Good reloads will print 8 shot sub 2-1/2" groups at 100 yards out of my .308 M1 Garand. Wolf Military Classic 145 FMJ ammunition will print 6" groups.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Good reloads will print 8 shot sub 2-1/2" groups at 100 yards out of my .308 M1 Garand. Wolf Military Classic 145 FMJ ammunition will print 6" groups.
    If the bullets will come out, I might sub in some 155 gr TMKs for fun.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shot a 5 round group with this ammo yesterday that was just over 1 MOA... about 1-1/4" using Pappabears FN chrome lined bolt gun. We also shot this stuff to 1000 yards and got a hit. The 145 gr bullets are a little squirrelly out at that distance, but we did get one hit out of 3 attempts.

Group size was way smaller than I'd have guessed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12