Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt warranty on uppers

Feedback Score

Colt warranty on uppers

Hey guys. Has anyone contacted Colt about warranty on uppers? I recently got a new complete upper with a canted FSB. I called Colt and they told me they don't warranty parts, only firearms. I was surprised. The upper zeros, but the rear sight is pretty far over to the left. It's not hard to see the cant in the FSB.

Feedback Score
    This is a fixed A2 front sight, correct?

They absolutely should cover it under warranty as long as they built the upper.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can you return to where ever you bought if it’s new?

Feedback Score
    Yes, it has an A2 front post. It’s a 6933 Commando upper that was in the Colt packaging. I don’t know about returning it to the Gunbroker retailer. I mounted a Troy rear sight and have fired the upper. Colt told me to contact the seller to resolve the issue. Maybe I talked to the wrong person in the Colt service department.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of the right people at Colt, which explains why they are in the position they are in.

Maybe reach out to Chris at Small Arms Solutions and see if he can suggest how you get to somebody who cares about customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of the right people at Colt, which explains why they are in the position they are in.

Maybe reach out to Chris at Small Arms Solutions and see if he can suggest how you get to somebody who cares about customer service.

Thanks. I'll contact Chris and maybe try calling Colt again on a different day.

Feedback Score
    If you get no luck from Colt I think I read somewhere John at Retro Arms can fix canted sight blocks. I also have an upper with a canted sight block with the windage drifted all the way over as well. It bugs me to this day. It’s a 4th string upper on my roster so it rides the bench.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    A canted FSB would drive me nuts, zeroed or not, unless it's on a WASR. If it were me and I couldn't get a replacement from Colt I'd have to shave that puppy and free float the handguards.

Feedback Score
    The canted FSB drives me a bit nuts too. It's not a WASR or a PSA. I've heard PSA replaces uppers for this. Colt told me to pound sand. I actually got this upper to be my only one with an FSB. I missed the old school look.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I've given up on FSB, received too many canted ones. Was going to buy one from Brownells but I passed cause I just knew canted would be coming my way. Brownells would eat this problem with a grin though, Colt sucks now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast