Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt warranty on uppers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is very discouraging to hear.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Can't believe they handled it like this. My first AR in 2005 was a Bushmaster A2 rifle. I remember well because I sighted it in Superbowl Sunday and it zeroed but the rear sight was way out, only a few clicks from stopping. Anyway I called them Monday morning, I shipped the upper back to Maine that same morning. I was surprised to find it back in my hands Friday evening! (I'm in Oregon btw) I don't know what they did, but it came back with the A2 in the very center and I didn't touch windage after re-zeroing it. It was one of the most accurate barrels I had owned to this day.

Feedback Score
    Next time BCM gets one of their FSB uppers in stock, get it one of those. Never seen a canted FSB from them, and they would certainly take of you of you did.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Reviving this thread from the grave, found it in a search. I bought a colt 6933 barrel and finally got around to putting it together. With that said , FSB is canted. One of the worst I’ve seen, so much so that it almost blocks my laser on my atpial. That said, I’ve had a BCM upper that had a canted FSB.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thats disappointing to read as I have never seen a Colt with a canted front sight block. All mine are spot on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I have a 6933 coming in this week. We will see.

Feedback Score
    I've never taken a sight block off, is the barrel notched for the pins?
    If it is and it's not notched properly would that cause the FSB to cant?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post
    I've never taken a sight block off, is the barrel notched for the pins?
    If it is and it's not notched properly would that cause the FSB to cant?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    It’s just poor QC from the factory. Also I uninstalled my barrel on a different receiver just in case and I still have cant. I’m not over torquing , because my cant is actually to the right..... holes for the FSB pins are drilled in a angle. I imagine because it was a rush. Idk , I’m a colt fan boy lol. So this isn’t me bashing , just a little frustrated.
    Last edited by TacticalTyler; 01-19-21 at 06:36.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A canted FSB can be more problematic than just the windage adjustment.

Is the gas port aligned properly? Does it function?

Is the gas tube in a bind? Does it have a good seal? Is it going to cause wear in the upper or the gas key? Is the tube itself going to get more wear inside the FSB gas block because it is not seated straight in position?

I suggest to NOT cut it off just to hide the issue. Get it fixed by any means possible.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTyler View Post
    It’s just poor QC from the factory.
    It's poor manufacturing coupled with a lack of QC. They should be able to set up a fixture so that a blind person could literally assemble it correctly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast