Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colt warranty on uppers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Androctonus View Post
    Hey guys. Has anyone contacted Colt about warranty on uppers? I recently got a new complete upper with a canted FSB. I called Colt and they told me they don't warranty parts, only firearms. I was surprised. The upper zeros, but the rear sight is pretty far over to the left. It's not hard to see the cant in the FSB.
    How many clicks left windage did you have to put on your rear sight to zero the windage?
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I only have Colt uppers because over the years I’ve found them to be the most consistent about the irons zeroing closest to center.

When one is off a few clicks to the left it van usually be resolved by disassembling and properly reassembling the upper.

I would skip Colt because their customer service is known to be poor and extremely slow.

John Thomas at Retro Arms would be my first choice for a fix. Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament can fix it too but my be as slow as Colt.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    A canted FSB can be more problematic than just the windage adjustment.

Is the gas port aligned properly? Does it function?

Is the gas tube in a bind? Does it have a good seal? Is it going to cause wear in the upper or the gas key? Is the tube itself going to get more wear inside the FSB gas block because it is not seated straight in position?

I suggest to NOT cut it off just to hide the issue. Get it fixed by any means possible.
    Ya know I factored that in as well. I chopped my 6933 barrel down to 10.3 , also running a NT4 suppressor. With that said , it rain smooth and hardly any gas in the face. Looked at the FSB where the gas port is I notice it is bleeding off around the barrel. So it’s more then likely not aligned right , but because of that the rifle isn’t over gassed and it almost acts as a gas block adjustment. For what it’s worth it’s perfect where it’s at as strange as it sounds? Now as to how it will affect the rifle in the long term ? We will see.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    How many clicks left windage did you have to put on your rear sight to zero the windage?
    It's been two months and nothing from the OP on any resolution from Colt or any corrective action taken to correct the canted FSB. Pretty much a "dead headed" thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123