Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1156

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    So has anyone on here actually had COVID-19? Have seen a lot of threads discussing various aspects, never seen anyone claim they have had it. I would expect with how widespread it is someone on here would have been through it by now.

My wife, daughter, and I have all had it in September. My son somehow missed out.
    My grandfather who is 98 had it, zero symptoms. My mom and dad both in their 60s had it. It stayed with my mom for about a week and a half she had a little bit more of a severe case. My dad had little to no symptoms.
    Living in a smaller community, Hell at this point if I could be easier to tell you who hasn’t had it. I know several people personally that have contracted it. Youngest person that has died that I know of is 55. I don’t believe he had any underlying conditions. Most everyone else has been 70 and up and or had severe underlying conditions

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing. Like I said, have seen several threads on here about it yet don’t recall anyone ever mentioning having it and thought that odd based on case projections in US of about 30% of the populace having/had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    My wife, daughter, and I have all had it in September. My son somehow missed out.
    My grandfather who is 98 had it, zero symptoms. My mom and dad both in their 60s had it. It stayed with my mom for about a week and a half she had a little bit more of a severe case. My dad had little to no symptoms.
    Living in a smaller community, Hell at this point if I could be easier to tell you who hasn’t had it. I know several people personally that have contracted it. Youngest person that has died that I know of is 55. I don’t believe he had any underlying conditions. Most everyone else has been 70 and up and or had severe underlying conditions
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing. Like I said, have seen several threads on here about it yet don’t recall anyone ever mentioning having it and thought that odd based on case projections in US of about 30% of the populace having/had it.
    Many probably had it and didn't know. My dad was knocked on his ass for two solid weeks in mid Feb. He couldn't breathe, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. Everything hurt, constant temperature,...etc.. He doesn't take colds or flu very well but this just knocked him out for double the time. And afterwards it took him some time to regain strength and ease of breathing. Meanwhile my mom took care of him and I helped. Neither of us got sick, even if it was just a regular flu. I keep getting on him to get antibodies test but he's too lazy

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Many probably had it and didn't know.
    That seems to be the prevalent thinking. Researchers also working on new models trying to account for asymptomatic infection spread.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    That seems to be the prevalent thinking. Researchers also working on new models trying to account for asymptomatic infection spread.

That could significantly effect the mortality rate. I also know one person who had it and Tricare would not pay for him to be tested. He had symptoms, his wife had tested positive; Tricare said he was positive, why waste a test.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    There was one guy early on. I think April/may time frame

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    My girlfriend and I both had it. I’m 31 and she’s 28. Symptoms started on Dec. 22 and it felt like the flu with severe night sweats/chills, joint and back pain, and loss of taste and smell.

My girlfriend pretty much had identical symptoms and we both started feeling better around day 5. Taste and smell have come back after about 3 weeks.

My Dad had it, mild cold symptoms and lasted about 4-5 days with loss of taste and smell. Mom never got it. Knocked my aunt on her ass, she is 56 and works out like a banshee. There’s many more I know who have had it as well.

It’s interesting to note, most of the people I’ve mentioned like to have a good time (drinks, some smoke, etc.) and it seemed to hit those that didn’t partake the hardest. Just an interesting observation from my sample size of ~ 30 people.

Feedback Score
    I had along with my wife and oldest son (20) the week of Thanksgiving. My 4 year old was exposed as we were all int eh same house and he is attached to my hip but showed no symptoms at all. I could lose some weight but other than that, no issues at 39. I had a headache and fatigue for a few days, as well as cold sweats for about 3 days. I lost all taste and smell for a week. Overall i had the worst symptoms between us and they were not to bad for me. I still would have went to work if it wasnt covid.

All of us were tested and came back positive. I have donated plasma once, want to get back there again but the process is 3 hours and the place is like 40 min from my place. At least 10 poeple at work i know have been positive as well at least in my building of 125 or so.

I was taking vit c and d for the last year. Vit D is shown to be very important fighting COVID and i would recommend taking it if anyone doesnt. I take 5000 IU a day
    Last edited by everready73; 01-14-21 at 09:29.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    That could significantly effect the mortality rate. I also know one person who had it and Tricare would not pay for him to be tested. He had symptoms, his wife had tested positive; Tricare said he was positive, why waste a test.
    And this has been one of the big things about wide spread testing that seems to escape a lot of people - more widespread and repeated testing will yield more useful data (even accounting for issues that accompany testing, of which there are many).

As for companies can pound sand. I’m starting to wonder what state and local insurance commissioners do, because it doesn’t seem to be advocate for the people.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    California has required the vaccine treatment in order for your kid to go to school.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Figured it was only a matter of time. I personally haven’t heard much from the anti-vaxxers on this one but I do my best to avoid them, chem-trailers and flat-earthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    California has required the vaccine treatment in order for your kid to go to school.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast