Page 40 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Rona infection will spread, mask mandates, lockdowns, etc- zit will spread and infection rates will rise Until herd immunity is achieved.

The vaccines are being hyped because it’s all there is keeping people in line and hopeful while simultaneously keeping the fear alive and well, but will they actually achieve anything substantial in the wild? Likely, they won’t, not for some time, like 5-10 years.

Let this runs its course, achieve herd immunity, hospitals will be pushed to the limit and then things will balance out. Like they always do.
    Part of this is right, part of it it is wrong. Herd immunity + vaccination will produce the most likely best results. Vaccines are hyped because they will likely save lives, now, this year. That's the way vaccines work. What we won't know for a few years is aggregate data on side effects, untoward effects, optimal dosing, etc. But I suspect that data will fall in line with that of the flu vaccine. Personally (I say 'personally' because no one where I work cares what I think about it) given the most vulnerable population it should be targeted to the same population who get the pneumovax and shingles vax. While some hospitals would otherwise be pushed to the limit, others will be overwhelmed, and patients in those hospitals (COVID and non-COVID) will bear the brunt of that.

Feedback Score
    This thread needs some entertainment. I present to you Pastor Kenneth Copeland, who has a fine mansion and huge estate on the east bank of Eagle Mountain Lake (northwest of Fort Worth, Texas). His approach to COVID-19 pretty well sums up 2020 for me:

Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I approve of zero lockdowns and zero mandates.

I approve of zero forced business closures.

I approve of zero speeding of misinformation.

I approve of zero spreading of conspiracy theory.

What do I support? Presenting accurate and up to date information to the public and businesses.

I support encouraging the public at large to take distancing measures, sanitization measures, so on and so forth.

I support educating the public that when all the vents are taken up, we can’t perform surgery for your ruptured appendix, or stent Dad’s LAD, or for performing surgery on your niece after she’s hit by a drunk driver.

I support encouraging businesses to sanitize, encourage distancing, all the rest.

I support providing up to date and through mask information, which has been nothing but feel-good nonsense thus far.

I support encouraging eye-coverings, face shields, and offering test-fitting of N95s for the public.

I support private businesses, if they so choose, requiring whatever they see fit on their property.

If you want to wear a virtue-signally cloth mask, I don’t want to stop you. But I do want to be presented with the information that shows it is garbage.
    Great post. I totally agree.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    It isn't just a rural hospital issue. It's reported that Vanderbilt in Nashville is seeing the highest number of hospitalized COVID patients than they've ever seen. Vanderbilt has a dedicated COVID unit with 74 beds. 6 beds remain open.

More here: https://www.wsmv.com/news/vanderbilt...b7857ef29.html
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 11-24-20 at 14:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Regarding masks, on the one hand I greatly oppose being told what to do by the State just in general principle, but on the other, I actually kinda like concealing my identity with a balaclava while out in public....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Regarding masks, on the one hand I greatly oppose being told what to do by the State just in general principle, but on the other, I actually kinda like concealing my identity with a balaclava while out in public....
    Hood, glasses, and face covering?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    This thread needs some entertainment. I present to you Pastor Kenneth Copeland, who has a fine mansion and huge estate on the east bank of Eagle Mountain Lake (northwest of Fort Worth, Texas). His approach to COVID-19 pretty well sums up 2020 for me:

Post of the day!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I dunno, I certainly do not in any way shape or form want to impersonate someone who knows anything medically or has any technical data concerning Covid-19;
    but...
    Is there a genetic component to this virus?
    Because talking to people it seems that there is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    More cases =more deaths in total, but the CFR may be lower due to improved treatments and management. May also be those with a co morbidity make a grater % of this second wave and other factors. Beyond approaches like remdesivir, and convalescent plasma (the latter in very limited supply I'm told), I think it's bordering on medical negligence not to to also employ non toxic, cheap, readily available stuff discussed here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...approaches-etc
    Whatever past gains were made in lowering the death rate via treatment appear to have plateaued. For the past month deaths appear to be generally rising in tandem with cases.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Whatever past gains were made in lowering the death rate via treatment appear to have plateaued. For the past month deaths appear to be generally rising in tandem with cases.

Are saying is that we have learned about all we can about treating Covid, or are you saying lethality is increasing?

I would offer that there are far more Covid cases in the US than testing shows. If I have mild symptoms and a fever that is controlled by OTC meds, I'm not running to get tested.

Andy

Page 40 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast