Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Is contract tracing done to any significant degree anymore? Been over 100,000 new cases each day for a while, and has recently ballooned to 200,000. Seems like pretty big numbers to tackle for effective tracing.
    I still can't understand how the avg person can be tracked back!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    We have had six months + to train ICU nurses. We knew by April, for sure, that Covid was sticking around.

Andy
    Did we? In April I believe a lot of folks were hoping Covid would fizzle out like the flu season by the end of May with warmer weather.

Feedback Score
    Quite frankly contact tracing is all over the place like most COVID policies. For instance, you contact trace someone and find the others they've been around. What then? The guidelines are ever-shifting. Self-quarantine? Test? It seems to me, despite claims to the contrary, that there is still a reluctance to test. Why I have no idea (the purported inaccuracy of the tests notwithstanding). So you gonna expect some guy to self-quarantine at home from work for 2 weeks without even knowing for sure they have COVID?

Where I work Occupational Health seems to bend over backwards NOT to test people. I suspect that it involves people staying at the house if they're positive and they need bodies. So let's twist the supposed things we know about COVID's ease of transmission to fit the current paradigm. Yeah, 'cause that's how medicine and science should work. Not testing unless you're symptomatic (but knowing you've been exposed) is like an ostrich sticking his head in the sand or Shultz from Hogan's Heroes saying "I see nothing!".

Very little of what is occurring with regards to COVID is consistent. You'd think after 8 months we'd have a better grasp on it, but we apparently don't.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep hearing everyone being encouraged to go get tested. Not when presenting symptoms or after more or less assured exposure, but teetering on just for the heck of it which seems to be an odd game plan for a system stretched to or beyond it's breaking point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Once COVID is over, this will become the new thing to do whenever there is a bad influenza season, etc.

"For your safety..."
    I could see people with complications and over 65 being fit testedfor N95s by their doctors. Probably a smart thing to do. Beyond that, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Is contract tracing done to any significant degree anymore? Been over 100,000 new cases each day for a while, and has recently ballooned to 200,000. Seems like pretty big numbers to tackle for effective tracing.
    It won’t work right now until you get the numbers down. And the real issue is that everybody talks about contract tracing, when the reality is is that it’s forcing people to quarantine either in their homes or at a government facility. The first one is hard enough the second one would kick off a Civil War. “ We are here from the government, and your phone was it within 10 feet of a suspected COVID patient, come with us.“ Yeah that’ll play.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    One of the biggest percentages of the nursing workforce by demographic is over 55 years old, and they will be retiring in the next few years. There was a legit nursing crisis before Corona virus, and there will certainly be one after.

Looking at every nursing school across the country and everywhere hiring nurses, there is not enough supply to meet the demand.

Just like medical schools, dental schools, and many other specialty schools, nursing schools are regulated by teacher student ratios both in the classroom and in the clinical setting, so you have hospitals hosting clinicals for sometimes up to 10 different schools.

The nursing profession has looked at creative ways to produce more nurses, second degree programs, RN to MSN programs, fast track programs, accelerated programs, you name it.

Most hospitals have not laid off nursing staff, contrary to what the media wants you to think., A lot of hospitals have halted their nurse hiring process during COVID, but have plans to resume. Aaron institution has three hospitals, and we have not stopped hiring and training new nurses.

If anyone wants to discuss nursing, nurse education, I'd be happy to answer, that is what I do, that is my job.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    One of my writers has a daughter who is a RN, and for the last 3-4 years at the very least, she could go work in Florida, California, New York whenever she liked. The shortage surprises me in some ways, but I also understand that neither the training nor the work is easy. It's surely as secure a job as plumming or HVAC, though.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I could see people with complications and over 65 being fit testedfor N95s by their doctors. Probably a smart thing to do. Beyond that, good luck.

It won’t work right now until you get the numbers down. And the real issue is that everybody talks about contract tracing, when the reality is is that it’s forcing people to quarantine either in their homes or at a government facility. The first one is hard enough the second one would kick off a Civil War. “ We are here from the government, and your phone was it within 10 feet of a suspected COVID patient, come with us.“ Yeah that’ll play.
    India tracks people who are supposed to be in quarantine by their phones. So folks just leave their phones home and do what they need to do.

Andy

Feedback Score

Like herpes, John Roberts is the gift that keeps on giving.....

Chief Justice that is. Thanks Bush (NOT!).

https://www.newsmax.com/headline/sup.../26/id/998874/

Read what his dissenting (shocker) opinion was. What a POS traitor. Gorsuch ripped him a new one though!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 11-26-20 at 09:01.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I've seen recent reports that the folks can expect greater side-effects from Covid vaccines than generally experienced with a flu shot. Similar to a mild case of Covid, including fever, chills, fatigue, muscle and headaches for 1-3 days, as well as missed work. There is concern that many will say the hell with the required second dose or just not get vaccinated at all. It was suggested that lockdowns might have to remain in place longer if not enough folks get vaccinated. I guess that will be the new incentive... remain locked down or get vaccinated.

Will there be a proof of vaccination card or???

I wouldn't be surprised if private industry applied pressure to get vaccinated. Airlines... no vaccine no ticket.

Page 43 of 116 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast