Page 102 of 116 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1156

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrem View Post
    The problem with conspiracy theories is that those promulgating them fail to realize that for them to be valid people who are absolutely not inclined to behave as claimed must behave so as to be “in on it.”

My conservative state has a Republican governor resistant to the idea of lockdown and mandatory mask wearing. That is fine by me...do what you feel is right for yourself.

The infection and death rates reported for the state have oversight by this conservative state government. The numbers reported are what they are. So he and they must be “in on” the idea that the numbers are over reported.

Except in actual fact they are very disinclined to over report anything. Down the line, thousands of doctors must all be in lockstep that misrepresenting vital data on which important decisions are made by conservative Republican governors and simultaneously risking losing your practice are a good thing.

And is being actively encouraged. And covered up. By people not inclined to cover up things. Do you think that government wants to make it appear their policies are not working by overreporting infection and death?

Do you think overreporting COVID deaths will be in the interest of a Republican governor with a no lockdown policy? Does misrepresenting vital statistics help anybody to make correct decisions?

If it doesn’t make sense it is very, very likely not factual.

On the whole conspiracy theories of this sort make no sense.
    It's not thousands of doctors. It's a few in a few states. Doctors have agendas too. Just look at Fauci. People who play ball get promoted!

Media helps. Look at Florida and NY. Both have similar population (roughly 20mil). Florida has an older population and is open, yet they have fewer deaths than NY. Meanwhile DiSantis is vilified in the news while Cuomo is praised.

Now NY has a bill going up for vote where they want to put sick into camps!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I love how people think “science” is everything but certainly not shaded, political and partisan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If it is a few doctors, then the effect of reporting on numbers would be insignificant and moot.

Ditching the theory as meaningless is the next step.

Of course overreporting illness and locking things down due to overreporting and slowing their economies is something every governor is just dying to do.

I have to wonder if anyone thinks logically when conspiracy theories of this sort are floated as being factual.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Now NY has a bill going up for vote where they want to put sick into camps!
    https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-15844562.php

Loosen your tin foil. Or tighten it significantly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it is a few doctors, then the effect of reporting on numbers would be insignificant and moot.

Of course overreporting illness and locking things down due to overreporting and slowing their economies is something every governor is just dying to do.

I have to wonder if anyone thinks logically when conspiracy theories of this sort are floated as being factual.
    So what is your take on anti gun themes advanced by the same groups?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-15844562.php

Loosen your tin foil. Or tighten it significantly.
    You have NYS politicians openly affirming that wealth redistribution is their goal and the above proposed bill is very real. What more do you people want them to do before you’ll recognize they do not have your best interests in mind and only their own?

Partial text

And all of this over a virus with a statistically insignificant death rate for the vast majority of the population.

Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-07-21 at 15:46.

Feedback Score
    Anti gun themes versus pandemic fearmongering?

Illness or potential illness is contagious. That’s how it spreads.

Firearm ownership and use are not contagion. Conflating the two is not helpful.

A pandemic affects nearly everyone negatively in some kind of way. Anti firearms themed people want only one kind of person to suffer and deliberately seek to make it happen.

One is more indiscriminate. The other is not.

Indiscriminate action by its nature targets everyone, not a specific group. Thus it is difficult to show it is a conspiracy.

Firearm owners are a specific subgroup to target and make miserable. When your focus is this specific purposeful conspiracy is a lot more plausible.

That’s my take on it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yawn. I don’t care.

Feedback Score
    You didn’t ask, so therefore you do not matter.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You didn’t ask, so therefore you do not matter.
    Neat.

Page 102 of 116 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast