Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1156

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrem View Post
    Anti gun themes versus pandemic fearmongering?

Illness or potential illness is contagious. That’s how it spreads.

Firearm ownership and use are not contagion. Conflating the two is not helpful.

A pandemic affects nearly everyone negatively in some kind of way. Anti firearms themed people want only one kind of person to suffer and deliberately seek to make it happen.

One is more indiscriminate. The other is not.

Indiscriminate action by its nature targets everyone, not a specific group. Thus it is difficult to show it is a conspiracy.

Firearm owners are a specific subgroup to target and make miserable. When your focus is this specific purposeful conspiracy is a lot more plausible.

That’s my take on it.
    The same people toss around terms and phrases like epidemic, saving one life, and similar fear based hyperbole when the topic is firearms.

Events of the 20th century prove that antigunners tend to spread misery around to rather diverse groups and exceedingly large numbers of people affected.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...t-15844562.php

Loosen your tin foil. Or tighten it significantly.
    Well excuse the Fk out of me for not finding that article!

If you'd like I can tell you where to put that roll of tinfoil

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Another all-time record day for Covid reported deaths = 4,200. At this rate it will be like an entire flu season of death every 3-14 days.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Another all-time record day for Covid reported deaths = 4,200. At this rate it will be like an entire flu season of death every 3-14 days.
    Good to know Covid lockdowns and restrictions are working so well. Maybe you’ll think of something different to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Good to know Covid lockdowns and restrictions are working so well. Maybe you’ll think of something different to try.

Never. What we need to do is double down on what’s not working. That will fix it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Never. What we need to do is double down on what’s not working. That will fix it.
    Well yea because aside from the useful idiots on the front lines to the string pullers it was never about saving lives.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrem View Post
    The problem with conspiracy theories is that those promulgating them fail to realize that for them to be valid people who are absolutely not inclined to behave as claimed must behave so as to be “in on it.”

My conservative state has a Republican governor resistant to the idea of lockdown and mandatory mask wearing. That is fine by me...do what you feel is right for yourself.

The infection and death rates reported for the state have oversight by this conservative state government. The numbers reported are what they are. So he and they must be “in on” the idea that the numbers are over reported.

Except in actual fact they are very disinclined to over report anything. Down the line, thousands of doctors must all be in lockstep that misrepresenting vital data on which important decisions are made by conservative Republican governors and simultaneously risking losing your practice are a good thing.

And is being actively encouraged. And covered up. By people not inclined to cover up things. Do you think that government wants to make it appear their policies are not working by overreporting infection and death?

Do you think overreporting COVID deaths will be in the interest of a Republican governor with a no lockdown policy? Does misrepresenting vital statistics help anybody to make correct decisions?

If it doesn’t make sense it is very, very likely not factual.

On the whole conspiracy theories of this sort make no sense.
    More of that stuff that never happens.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...247648010.html

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    More of that stuff that never happens.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...247648010.html
    I've heard the accusation that communism is a virus. Maybe they weren't joking...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I've heard the accusation that communism is a virus. Maybe they weren't joking...
    my smile laugh of the day

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    You, of all people should realize that "all time records for Covid deaths" is like "all time height records while my child grows". The country and the world will see increasing deaths as Covid spreads. The increases will continue until nature takes its course and people contract Covid and develop immunity, the virus mutates to be less deadly, or enough people are vaccinated to slow the spread. I guess there is another possibility, that the vulnerable section of the population die, but I don't think it will come to that outside NY and NJ.

What we don't know is the threshold to begin relaxing restrictions driven by Covid fears.

I had a long, factual, and well written rant here, but what is the sense of that?

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-09-21 at 17:47.

Page 103 of 116 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast