Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1156

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    Saw on Epoch Times or Fox that UK is going to lock down the entire country and you’ll only be allowed to come out of your house once per week to get groceries or for healthcare. Otherwise, **** you prole, stay in your cell.
    Respectfully, maybe a link would be in order...
    I had a discussion with a UK colleague today who laid out in no-uncertain terms how serious the British situation is perceived. The new B 1.1.7 variant has beaten a month-long partial national lockdown and now the UK is in week two of the second lockdown in the last three months.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson took a seven-mile bike ride yesterday and liberals there told him he was bending the rules. Since he was part of making the rules, he offered a pretty reasonable response - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-55630164

And for all the experts on the UK, here is the actual guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national...can-leave-home

To paraphrase Barry Goldwater, douchebaggery in the misguided defense of liberty is still douchebaggery.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    I had a discussion with a UK colleague today who laid out in no-uncertain terms how serious the British situation is perceived. The new B 1.1.7 variant has beaten a month-long partial national lockdown and now the UK is in week two of the second lockdown in the last three months.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson took a seven-mile bike ride yesterday and liberals there told him he was bending the rules. Since he was part of making the rules, he offered a pretty reasonable response - https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-55630164

And for all the experts on the UK, here is the actual guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national...can-leave-home

To paraphrase Barry Goldwater, douchebaggery in the misguided defense of liberty is still douchebaggery.
    "Well, when the president does it, that means that it is not illegal."

Feedback Score
    Excerpts:

The United States reported more than 1.7 million new cases of COVID-19 last week, up 17% from the prior seven days. Former U.S. Food and Drug Administration chief Scott Gottleib said new cases could start declining in February.

“By the end of this month, we’ll have infected probably about 30% of the American public and maybe vaccinated another 10%, notwithstanding the very difficult rollout of the vaccine,” Gottleib told CNBC on Friday. “You’re starting to get to levels of prior exposure in the population where the virus isn’t going to spread as readily.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29G2G9

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Excerpts:

The United States reported more than 1.7 million new cases of COVID-19 last week, up 17% from the prior seven days. Former U.S. Food and Drug Administration chief Scott Gottleib said new cases could start declining in February.

“By the end of this month, we’ll have infected probably about 30% of the American public and maybe vaccinated another 10%, notwithstanding the very difficult rollout of the vaccine,” Gottleib told CNBC on Friday. “You’re starting to get to levels of prior exposure in the population where the virus isn’t going to spread as readily.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN29G2G9
    Love how they're rolling out slightly better news. It's no longer 100% doom and gloom. We're not all dying!!?!? Just yesterday I read an article that said in a decade (give or take) this will be nothing more than a minor annoying annual flu. And of course Cuomo is suddenly wanting to open NY because "if we stay closed there won't be anything left to open"! LOVE how they're slowly changing the narrative. By summer we'll be kissing Bidens ass for saving the us from a zombie apocalypse

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 01-13-21 at 08:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    I had a discussion with a UK colleague today who laid out in no-uncertain terms how serious the British situation is perceived. The new B 1.1.7 variant has beaten a month-long partial national lockdown and now the UK is in week two of the second lockdown in the last three months
    You don’t say! I can’t believe a lock down didn’t stop covid. I’m not a smart man but it almost seems like lockdowns are not a great way of controlling spread. But I’m sure they will try again with a third lock down, maybe the 17th or 18th time will be the charm.

Feedback Score
    Cases are already way down in CO.

Wife got her second Pfizer dose, and IT KNOCKED HER ON HER ASS. Chills, aches, pains... sickest I’ve seen her in 25 years.

Something like half the healthcare workers are not taking it. Since it is a fast track, conditional or whatever you call it approval, they can’t force people to take it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So no big infection jump from Christmas?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So has anyone on here actually had COVID-19? Have seen a lot of threads discussing various aspects, never seen anyone claim they have had it. I would expect with how widespread it is someone on here would have been through it by now.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    So has anyone on here actually had COVID-19? Have seen a lot of threads discussing various aspects, never seen anyone claim they have had it. I would expect with how widespread it is someone on here would have been through it by now.
    There was one guy early on. I think April/may time frame

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Based on symptoms, I may have had it the first week of February 2020 which was allegedly a month or so before it was supposed to have shown up here. Sore all over, dry cough, and extremely tired. Sitting upright an hour was usually followed by an hour or 2 of sleeping. I thought I got a very lucky case of the flu because I had all the standard symptoms except for no high fever, every time I checked was with a few tenths of 100. The aches and low energy lasted around 5 days before beginning to subside and was close to 2 weeks before I really felt up to doing what I had been doing.

It wasn't until late March/early April I thought it was anything other than a not too bad case of flu when one of the first people locally to get the .med seal of approval on it(not sure if there was an actual test involved or just an official "sounds like it") got interviewed by the local paper and what she described was the same symptoms and down time I had.

There is another member here who had an elderly relative develop similar symptoms and died within a couple of weeks around late 2019/early 2020 and seems like they (& another family member or 2?) ended up with the same symptoms shortly after.

Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108 ... LastLast