Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1156

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    You don't know if it will work though, so you can never stop wearing the mask, never again get within 6 feet of someone, and all the other goodies.
    I was listening to the radio this AM and a Doc that was on (Talk/Conservative radio) said that "even" after you get the shot it will help you not get the Rona but you could still be a carrier ! So he said masks/6ft/etc till the herd immunity kicks in !! One Doc,one radio show, don't know if this is fact or not, I'm sure this will come out even more as time moves on.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I was listening to the radio this AM and a Doc that was on (Talk/Conservative radio) said that "even" after you get the shot it will help you not get the Rona but you could still be a carrier ! So he said masks/6ft/etc till the herd immunity kicks in !! One Doc,one radio show, don't know if this is fact or not, I'm sure this will come out even more as time moves on.
    I’ve heard the same from more than one medical person. Once I’m vaccinated I’m willing to continue social distancing and masking up, until there are no more shortages and everyone who wants a vaccine will have been able to get it. After that it’s the responsibility of the unvaccinated to stay away from me.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    There are no facts anymore. Just whatever bullshit they decide to make up that day.

How did that go...? We knew they were lying, they knew we knew they were lying, we knew they knew...blah blah blah

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    So far the vaccine has made my friends and I feel crummy for a few days and that's it, typically after our 2nd shot. A small price to pay for dodging COVID (hopefully).
    For my wife, first shot not much, like I said, after the second shot, down for 18 hours with the cills and aches- worse than any cold- but no fever from the few attempts she made to measure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    What do you mean typically after our second ?

So does this mean you have had it multiple times and its the yeah typically after our 2nd ? Or have you not had the 2nd yet ?

Typically seems that you have had the 2nd one before more then a few times which makes no sense ? This was supposed to be a ONE time shot ?

Typically makes no freaking sense here so very curious what ya mean since its a whole new kinda vaccine its not like any previous one so you cant compare to anything else ?
    Typically I think here means that for people getting the second shot, it is typical, or more accurately 'common' (?) for there to be side affects like aches and pains. The first shot doesn't do much, the second shot commonly has side affects.

I was talking to my wife about it and two things. It sure seems like whatever the vaccine is doing, it sure is eliciting an immune response! She finally gave in and took an Advil. It's doing something and jolting the immune system for sure.

Interestingly, my MIL had COVID already and she got her first shot and she had some chills and aches. My wife and I were wondering if having COVID acts like the first shot- your body identifies it and starts to build immunity- and when your body sees it again -either as the second shot for people that haven't had it, or the first shot for people who have had COVID and recovered- that is when you have a reaction.

Measuring people for antibodies before getting the vaccine and looking at the side effects from from the first or second doses would be interesting.

F those 'vaccine passports'. You've got through the roll out of the vaccine for these restrictions, and after that too-bad/so-sad. I'm not wearing a mask and I'm going to start running and grinding up against strangers again. The electronic passports are nothing more than trackers.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    What do you mean typically after our second ?

So does this mean you have had it multiple times and its the yeah typically after our 2nd ? Or have you not had the 2nd yet ?

Typically seems that you have had the 2nd one before more then a few times which makes no sense ? This was supposed to be a ONE time shot ?

Typically makes no freaking sense here so very curious what ya mean since its a whole new kinda vaccine its not like any previous one so you cant compare to anything else ?
    Both shots require two doses. Typically the second dose makes people sick/gives symptoms/has a reaction. However you want to phrase that

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 01-18-21 at 05:39.

Feedback Score
    ahhhh thanks above sounded like he was getting multiple times my bad hahahhahahaha

I do know I want to wait as long as I freaking can though as the few things I have been watching from medical folks are this is a new territory kinda thing and I do not trust the truth to get out if it goes bad and I do not trust those trying to exploit the bad as to be worse than it really is ? sadly you cant trust either side anymore

and yeah the vaccine passport idiocy is a bit freaky if it happens and seems like that is the push

thanks again

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My Dad (just) got vaccinated through the VA. He is well into his 80s and is basically my Mom's caregiver, so its probably a good thing.

I, on the other hand, just got the Flu vaccine Wednesday. The year may end in 2 before I even get around to thinking about the Covid vaccine.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-18-21 at 22:08.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Guessing that restrictions will end in about 72 hours after noon on Wednesday. Covid will mostly cease to be a "problem."

Feedback Score
    "Dr. Rachel Levine will bring the steady leadership and essential expertise we need to get people through this pandemic — no matter their zip code, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability — and meet the public health needs of our country in this critical moment and beyond," Biden said in a statement. "She is a historic and deeply qualified choice to help lead our administration's health efforts."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...retary-nominee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    "Dr. Rachel Levine will bring the steady leadership and essential expertise we need to get people through this pandemic — no matter their zip code, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability — and meet the public health needs of our country in this critical moment and beyond," Biden said in a statement. "She is a historic and deeply qualified choice to help lead our administration's health efforts."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...retary-nominee

Joe Biden internal monologue "C'mon, man; I need to name an Assistant Health Secretary but I don't want them to make me look stupid when we are on camera."

Andy

Page 112 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast