Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Feedback Score

How Long Will Covid Restrictions Remain In Place...?

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Don’t know don’t care. With the fatality rate being as low as it is of they’re still fvcking things up then it sounds like the experts are severely lacking in competency.

ICUs we’re running on the ragged edge before Covid so that’s nothing new.

How about you tell us your grand plan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, they weren’t on the ragged edge before. But when you get hit by a drunk driver and need a vent you’ll just have to die. Or when you have that heart attack. Or when your dad has a stroke. So on and so forth.

Last edited by PracticalRifleman; 11-18-20 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    @jpmuscle You think ICUs were this packed before Covid???? Bold statement, present the data from a credible source to backup this claim.,. You have been posting more and more unhinged nuggets lately and heading down some serious rabbit holes. If you really do think this is all make believe I highly suggest you try expand your circle of friends to include healthcare professionals who are dealing with this on the front lines every day. Several are here trying to provide context yet you continually and obstinately refuse to accept their input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. Your attitude discouraged people from taking rational positions that both maintains liberty and helps prevent collapse of the critical care units.

When this first lit off I thought maybe it was mostly to all legit and the crack downs on freedom of assembly, movement and so on came very early on so my "attitude" during that phase would have pleased you.

Then I start picking up on a few things like those making demands didn't abide by the same demands they made on others.

My dental appointment during that time frame got canceled and that was no big deal, but then I was hearing about things like colonoscopies getting cancelled which seemed like less of a good idea. Then it starts hitting the news that abortion clinics were open which is about an inch away from a colonoscopy so things started sounding like a crock of shit.

Any sort of peaceable assembly...weddings, funerals, cook outs, church services, and others became verboten. Not fun, but I could understand it. Since then, we have had riots and other massive leftists demonstrations that we are assured are safe as safe can be. Hell, there was an on premise gay sex club in operation for 2 months after everything else in Michigan got shut down and that only got closed because so many people were complaining for weeks.

I don't think me or my attitude have much to do with anything, but do feel free to come back and lecture me about the need for firearms safety initiatives in the coming months. Most of the wording should stay the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    When this first lit off I thought maybe it was mostly to all legit and the crack downs on freedom of assembly, movement and so on came very early on so my "attitude" during that phase would have pleased you.

Then I start picking up on a few things like those making demands didn't abide by the same demands they made on others.

My dental appointment during that time frame got canceled and that was no big deal, but then I was hearing about things like colonoscopies getting cancelled which seemed like less of a good idea. Then it starts hitting the news that abortion clinics were open which is about an inch away from a colonoscopy so things started sounding like a crock of shit.

Any sort of peaceable assembly...weddings, funerals, cook outs, church services, and others became verboten. Not fun, but I could understand it. Since then, we have had riots and other massive leftists demonstrations that we are assured are safe as safe can be. Hell, there was an on premise gay sex club in operation for 2 months after everything else in Michigan got shut down and that only got closed because so many people were complaining for weeks.

I don't think me or my attitude have much to do with anything, but do feel free to come back and lecture me about the need for firearms safety initiatives in the coming months. Most of the wording should stay the same.
    Well put. I work in the medical field and COVID is indeed real. That said, the hypocrisy of those dictating to us (like Der Fuhrer Newsome for instance) is enraging. If you are at risk, take precautions. Do not expect society to stop on a dime to protect YOU. Protect yourself. Have groceries delivered. Have family run errands for you. Don't expect the economy and people's lives to come to a screeching halt because YOU are at risk.

Make no mistake: I do NOT want to get this shit. I see it on an almost daily basis. Working at a hospital you see the worst of every ailment out there, COVID included ('cause a hospital is where you go!). If you are one of those it hits hard it can suck balls big-time. Yes, our COVID census is up again. Yet I do not see shutting down our country/economy again as the answer......unless killing it is the objective.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score

I love how you’re putting words in my mouth and making assumptions. If you’d read anything I’ve written you’d see some of us are concerned with liberty AND not overwhelming the system.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    @jpmuscle You think ICUs were this packed before Covid???? Bold statement, present the data from a credible source to backup this claim.,. You have been posting more and more unhinged nuggets lately and heading down some serious rabbit holes. If you really do think this is all make believe I highly suggest you try expand your circle of friends to include healthcare professionals who are dealing with this on the front lines every day. Several are here trying to provide context yet you continually and obstinately refuse to accept their input.
    Before the last month the ICU at my wife's hospital (largest in Utah I believe) had Covid patients but it was quite manageable. And before Covid the ICU was NOT being run ragged and packed. It had occasional peaks where it would fill up for a few days but was rather normal. Now, for the last month, it is overflowing with Covid cases and is being run ragged.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Well put. I work in the medical field and COVID is indeed real. That said, the hypocrisy of those dictating to us (like Der Fuhrer Newsome for instance) is enraging. If you are at risk, take precautions. Do not expect society to stop on a dime to protect YOU. Protect yourself. Have groceries delivered. Have family run errands for you. Don't expect the economy and people's lives to come to a screeching halt because YOU are at risk.
    This. Exactly this.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    I’ll get right on that dude.

I never said it wasn’t real but this sensationalist BS and draconian knee jerk stupidity is decimating far more lives for absolutely zero positive gain. And I’m sick of it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I love how you’re putting words in my mouth and making assumptions. If you’d read anything I’ve written you’d see some of us are concerned with liberty AND not overwhelming the system.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I’ll get right on that dude.

I never said it wasn’t real but this sensationalist BS and draconian knee jerk stupidity is decimating far more lives for absolutely zero positive gain. And I’m sick of it.
    I happen to agree with your sentiments. We have passed the point where the damage that lock downs do to people and the economy have exceeded the good they are doing. The generational damage is horrific. If the elites want to decimate any vestiges of the middle and upper middle class, just keep it up. I think that's what they secretly want, because its easier to keep the little people under control when they depend on Big Government.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have known of people who had heart attacks while driving and then wrecked.

If that was the case and the motorcyclist had a giant covid attack then the medical examiner didn't need to suddenly develop the same mannerisms as a 5 year old who got in to the cookie jar when he was confronted about the cause of death, nor did he need to change the listed cause of death.

I am unaware of any valued .gov officials or trusted members of the medical or scientific communities that think there is any way to deal with it short of eliminating curtailing (on through to eliminating) liberties.
    Curbing liberty is the most effective way, technically, but that's not an acceptable path for me, personally.

Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast